Newbie Needs Installation Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JEEPYJ

Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
I bought a 3LNB oval dish and am trying to install it. I can get satellite C but not a or b. Why is this, is it an installation prob? I know directv says to leave oval setups to the pros, but it cant be that hard can it??? So can anyone help me or does anyone know of anywhere i can go for free help?? Thanks in advance.

d

Its not hard.

What is your zip?

Is your pole perfectly plum & level?

Are you running directly from the dish to your receivers?

Is this new run RG6, or some that was pre-installed?

zip 93030

it is plum and level

i can get sat c just not a or b

there is a overhang kinda close, but i dont think it would interfere with the signal since i only need 18 degrees of clearance from the center of the dish

d

its running from the dish to a satellite meter then the my tivo box

its two pieces of cable im using to hook it up, both are new and in good condition, plus im getting sat c so i dont think that has anything to do with it

i can get some of the later transponders on sat b to work but nothing on sat a....

JEEPYJ said:
zip 93030

it is plum and level

i can get sat c just not a or b

there is a overhang kinda close, but i dont think it would interfere with the signal since i only need 18 degrees of clearance from the center of the dish

d

You dish should be aimed as follows:
49.1 degrees elevation
149.9 degrees azimuth
103.1 degrees tilt or skew
You can check this info anytime at:
http://www.rca.com/directv/zip_code_selection
As long as the mast is level & plum, with the dish pre-set at the above numbers you should be able to look at the on screen meter and turn the dish slowly from side to side till you tune in the 101 sat. Once you have good signal strength on 101 you should be able to change sats in the setup menu and have signal on 110 & 119 as well.

JEEPYJ said:
its running from the dish to a satellite meter then the my tivo box

its two pieces of cable im using to hook it up, both are new and in good condition, plus im getting sat c so i dont think that has anything to do with it

Are you leaving the sat meter in the line full time? Have you tried using the Tivo's on screen meter with the in-line meter removed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Permission Slip

Series 1 DirecTv-with-TiVo calling DTV every hour!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)