New Weather Channel

Dang it you were to have forgotten about it by now. :)

No News to report... and it would surprise me if we hear any. DISH got what they wanted from TWC with their stunt from last year.

"Soon". I like how if you type 213 on your remote it takes you automatically to 214. Not sure if this is just a default for all channels or set up for this one number.

"Soon". I like how if you type 213 on your remote it takes you automatically to 214. Not sure if this is just a default for all channels or set up for this one number.

My experience has been that if entering a non-active channel, it will take you to the nearest adjacent active channel.

Dang it you were to have forgotten about it by now.
I know you put a smiley there but the "forget" part is probably very true... :(
No News to report... and it would surprise me if we hear any. DISH got what they wanted from TWC with their stunt from last year.
In all seriousness, you said a new version was being tested on a non-standard satellite.

I forgot about this until now as well. That channel that they tried to replace it with sucked anyways as they were not up to date.

If Dish Network needs local weather channels for each area all they have to do is put up one of the 24 hour local weather channels that are already being broadcast OTA up on satellite?.I have 3 of them in my area right now.

They ought to look at Bell TV's interactive weather. When you go to the channel, the areas that are for national weather get covered with your local weather based on your postal code. It's real cool. Bell TV uses equipment from Echostar.

Wast of Satellite space to have other Weather channels, even though TWC isn't very good anymore. With the internet and weather WiFi devices available, along with local channel weather sub channels, I don't really see the big deal anymore.

Wast of Satellite space to have other Weather channels, even though TWC isn't very good anymore. With the internet and weather WiFi devices available, along with local channel weather sub channels, I don't really see the big deal anymore.

Many don't want to go on a computer every time that they want to check the weather.

Many don't want to go on a computer every time that they want to check the weather.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

I think you'll find that more and more people are not using the TV for weather...or sports news...or even real news. I cannot remember the last time I tuned to the weather channel or to CNN. I'd much rather get it "on demand" with a few clicks on my computer than sit and wait for the news to cycle to what I'm interested in. I guess it just depends on whether you prefer the passive or active approach to it. That's not a value statement or judgment--just a personal preference.

Is vip 612 compatible w/ pocketdish 405e

Dish newwork 2nd receiver fee question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts