New ViP211 Adventure

At this point, I'm happy-happy. I'll let them know that it all worked out in the end.

I've been watching the shows that I had DVR'd in the last few weeks. I relocated the 942 to the bedroom (doesn't seem as noisy here) and I could get used to this. :) I really hope that Dish is working on Video over IP between the 622 and the 211...

Okay, maybe one last post on this subject: After I've read about others' horror stories with strange charges to their accounts after Dish-n it Up, I looked at the recent charges on my account. It was interesting, to say the least. But, it was correct.

I had two Additional Receiver Access Fees added and three credited (correct, as there is a Leased Receiver fee now to replace the receiver fee.) There's three offsetting Dish Network DVR Service fees (adds and credits)(correct, I believe, since my 942's DVR fee should migrate to the ViP622.) The two days of HD Enabling cost me $0.20 ($7.16 added, $6.96 refunded).

Programming worked out as well: my annual AT120 had $298.00 to credit to my account, as well as $11.60 credited for the HD Pack and $5.80 for Voom Originals. With the $199.99 charged for the ViP622, I ended up with $563.24 worth of credits and $316.19 worth of charges against my account.

While I don't understand the multiple charges and credits for the same thing, at least they balanced out. I'll know some time in January when my next bill comes due whether the bill matches what I expect it should.

Foo! I have not one, but TWO boxes for the return of my 942 to Dish! Maybe that explains the additional receiver on/off in the activity report? Should I send the one back, empty?

BTW, the ViP211 is Very Nice.:up As much of an improvement over the 811 as the 811 was over the 6000/8PSK/8VSB. The biggest improvement I've noticed is no problems returning to satellite channels after 1+ hour of watching OTA digital stations. Plus, as 811 and 6000 owners know, the clock on those receivers would slowly lose time the longer you watched OTA. So far, the ViP211 is right on time.

Ah, one last hiccup in the grand scheme of things: Since I was an annual AT120 customer, when I converted to the DishHD Silver package, I had enough credit on my account that I won't be billed for the next three months.

What's the problem with that, you ask? Well, you need to send in a billing statement showing DishHD on your account when you apply for the $100 Back Rebate. Since I converted to paperless billing oh so long ago, I would need to print out my billing statement from the on-line system. The only problem is that Dish's system is programmed to not generate an on-line statement if you do not need to pay them!

By the time I can gain access to my on-line billing statement, it will be beyond the 60 days that I have to apply for the $100 Back Offer, effectively negating this benefit of upgrading to DishHD and ViP receivers.

I have sent an e-mail to the person who followed up with me about the horrible CSR experience, so I hope that I will get this added without too much drama, but I'm halfway through the 60 days now since I had to wait for the next billing cycle.

Ah, one last hiccup in the grand scheme of things: Since I was an annual AT120 customer, when I converted to the DishHD Silver package, I had enough credit on my account that I won't be billed for the next three months.

What's the problem with that, you ask? Well, you need to send in a billing statement showing DishHD on your account when you apply for the $100 Back Rebate. Since I converted to paperless billing oh so long ago, I would need to print out my billing statement from the on-line system. The only problem is that Dish's system is programmed to not generate an on-line statement if you do not need to pay them!

By the time I can gain access to my on-line billing statement, it will be beyond the 60 days that I have to apply for the $100 Back Offer, effectively negating this benefit of upgrading to DishHD and ViP receivers.

I have sent an e-mail to the person who followed up with me about the horrible CSR experience, so I hope that I will get this added without too much drama, but I'm halfway through the 60 days now since I had to wait for the next billing cycle.

You can request they send you one anyway which will show the Charges and credtis, but not I think from Online.

Well, I guess the good news about the programming price increases means I'll get a bill next month instead of floating another month.

I'm still waiting for Dish to contact me regarding this billing situation.

Update: Dish is sending me a paper copy of my current bill, waving the $2.00 charge :up for printing one up because of my situation. Hopefully, it gets here in time (some bad luck with the Post Offul lately).

Last edited:

Help With Self Installation

Help with simple DishPro install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts