New To Dishnetwork

kennster

Original poster
May 24, 2004
hi all....i just switched from direct tv...to dishnetwork...i have the dish 500 dish.....was wondering...to get both 110 and 119...do i need to run two cables from the dish??..and have a switch inside the house??....or just one cable.......i had 119 coming in strong...now all i can get is 110...thanks in advance..

Your switch can be inside or out. Shielding it from the elements is nice. You need to have an input for each location hooked to the switch and then you go from the switch to each tuner (usually one per receiver).

thanks

so i take it..i need 2 cables from the dish..ok....and i guess i can get a switch at radio shack???..any particular model??or something i should be aware of????thanks again.....ken

What LNB do you have on the dish?
Two dual's (or singles) you will need a switch
A twin or quad the switch is built in.

thanks again.

right on..good to hear...now just have to get both signals...(had trouble yesterday)...thanks for replying so fast......you guys are awesome...ken

Why on earth are you hooking this stuff up by yourself?

If you are a new DISH Network customer you should have had a free basic professional installation. The installer would have mounted and peaked the dish for both satellite positions, run the cables to your receivers, tested the switch, activated the receivers, and explained their operation to you.

can i use any port in the dp34 switch ?

Hey Mods! Time for A superdish forum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)