New Subscriber to Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

etexlady

Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
I signed up for Direct TV and it is to be installed on Friday. I have visited the Direct TV website and searched around plus looked at my order. I don't really understand it and I'm going to call customer service but I want you guys to help a noob. I selected the current deal, Sunday Ticket with Premier programming. I also asked for the HD channels. Will that get me all of the available HD channels or is there another "tier" or package that I need to request? The order states "Tier 8". I requested a HD DVR. Will that be the HR20-700 or are there other options? I want new equipment, not refurbished. Should I expect new? I'm also getting another DVR, not HD. Is there more than one option on that?

I had to enroll while standing in the middle of Best Buy where I was buying my new HD television. It was a terrible connection and it was difficult to understand the rep. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions after installation so be kind.

Thanks

I signed up for Direct TV and it is to be installed on Friday. I have visited the Direct TV website and searched around plus looked at my order. I don't really understand it and I'm going to call customer service but I want you guys to help a noob. I selected the current deal, Sunday Ticket with Premier programming. I also asked for the HD channels. Will that get me all of the available HD channels or is there another "tier" or package that I need to request? The order states "Tier 8". I requested a HD DVR. Will that be the HR20-700 or are there other options? I want new equipment, not refurbished. Should I expect new? I'm also getting another DVR, not HD. Is there more than one option on that?

I had to enroll while standing in the middle of Best Buy where I was buying my new HD television. It was a terrible connection and it was difficult to understand the rep. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions after installation so be kind.

Thanks

First off :welcome to the site !

You probably could have called from home and set it all up.
The current HD HDVR is the HR20-700 or -100, you will probably get a -100 but it doesn't really matter, they both work well.
As for the programming offer, I cannot help with that, they change often and individual stores have specials as well.

You SHOULD get new equipment., that said, I have a refurbed HR 20 and it works great.

Chances are you got the Best Buy deal that is included with the purchase of the TV, so whatever they were offering was the options you had in order to get whatever TV deal you got.

You should get all of your HD channels currently available, not sure about this new tier yet.

Jimbo

Thanks
Lease customers get whichever EQ is available. Whether it is new or Remanufactured. Now before you get upste over reman vs new allow me a moment.
New Equipment. Assembled packaged shipped.. Reman equipment ..taken apart, all new parts replaced, unit is tested and verified as working. It is them packaged and shipped. Ask yourself which is better, One that has new stuff in it and has been tested or one that has new stuff and hasn't been tested..

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I would have preferred to call from home to set up the service. However, Best Buy's deal was to take $300 off the price of the tv if I signed up for DTV and they make you call from the store so they can verify you actually purchase the service (actually, the BB employee dialed the number and talked with DTV rep before I was given the phone). I didn't expect that as it seemd rather awkward and I didn't like having to give the information requested by DTV while people were all around but that was Best Buy's requirement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Number of HD customers

Drastic volume level shifts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts