New Sling Adapter

Why? Would you pay it if there was one? :cool:

I already do on the 922 at $4.00 monthly. That is why I can't believe that DISH would ever allow a fee to go uncharged for the sling adapter that you buy out right. The google box which you buy out right has a monthly $4.00 fee as well.

Maybe they'll let us get good and addicted to our Sling Adapters and then add the fee!

And to answer the question, it is Plug and Play. A pop-up will say that it has detected it, then you're good to go. Remember that it takes over use of tv2 while you're viewing remotely

The Google box has separate DISH software that they're charging you for that only functions with one of their receivers. In essence you're paying a fee for the proprietary portion of the software and it's interaction with your receiver.

On the 922, you can avoid the $4 fee by connecting an outboard sling box to the receiver. IMO, those who bought the 922 got screwed. The Sling fee just adds to the screw job. insa !

I don't regret leasing my DVR's. I always got screwed having to pay a premium price for the privilege of saying I OWN the DVR. And that goes for DirecTV as well. Last DVRs I owned were the HD TIVO and the 921. The 921 was buggy and never worked perfectly. The HD TIVO was obsoleted just like the 921. When that happened, DirecTV said "too bad." Dish Network gave me FREE a 722 as a replacement ( without me requesting). Later I added a leased 722K to my account. And, I canceled DirecTV. insa, DirecTV!

Last edited:
On the 922, you can avoid the $4 fee by connecting an outboard sling box to the receiver. IMO, those who bought the 922 got screwed. The Sling fee just adds to the screw job. insa !

No you can't. He just likes to say there's a $4 fee because the DVR fee for the 922 is $10 while all the others are $6. You can't call up Dish and tell them you want the lower DVR fee just because you plugged your own Slingbox in.

The dvr fee on the 922 was supposed to include the web browser and the potential for the sling catcher/extender for tv 2 in hd, as well as sling capabilities , along with the dvr fee. All those features for $10.00 was a bargain. But now all you get is the sling + dvr fee . Not worth it to me to spend an extra $4.00 a month X 12 = $48.00 a year just to sling it to my computer next to my tv. IF DISH would of come out with the sling catcher/extender for tv 2 in HD , I would not of minded the extra $4.00. But now DISH is headed in another direction entirely.

Has anyone tried????

Can Sling Adapter play the music channels (DishMusic and Sirius) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts