New satellite purchase - help needed

I have just compared between neighbors and relatives that have Direct.
Not a good way to judge since the sets were probably different with different settings. The only good way to do it is to have both services connected to the same set to help eliminate it from coloring the comparison.

Not a good way to judge since the sets were probably different with different settings. The only good way to do it is to have both services connected to the same set to help eliminate it from coloring the comparison.

Yep, that is the best way. Who do you think has the best?

It might be that Im just overly irritated by the nat geo pq on Dish(one of my fav's). The few recordings Ive done look like crap.
Make sure that this is not due to source material.

I've seen a number of NG programs that were largely composed of footage that was not from top quality material.

If you want to see good PQ HD on Dish, check out Rave-HD or Equator-HD. I remember a recent concert on Rave-HD where you could see detail in the texture of the sweat drops on the singer. :)

Make sure that this is not due to source material.

I've seen a number of NG programs that were largely composed of footage that was not from top quality material.

If you want to see good PQ HD on Dish, check out Rave-HD or Equator-HD. I remember a recent concert on Rave-HD where you could see detail in the texture of the sweat drops on the singer. :)

The new port program is HD, confirmed by D* subs, but does not look very good on Dish Nat geo.

Thank you all for your advice. I found an installer to install the following - is this a good deal?

Dish 1000

Install some additional splitter for the dish to accomodate.

All for $99.

Thanks!

The new port program is HD, confirmed by D* subs, but does not look very good on Dish Nat geo.

Are you talking about "America's Port"? If so it's looked great each time I've watched it.

Did you happen to recalibrate your tv when you switched from D* back to E*? I've noticed a difference in quality based on which TV I watch HD on even when they are all the same source.

Are you talking about "America's Port"? If so it's looked great each time I've watched it.

Did you happen to recalibrate your tv when you switched from D* back to E*? I've noticed a difference in quality based on which TV I watch HD on even when they are all the same source.

I have not seen the second episode, but the first weeks looked bad to me. Hist, Disc and TLC all look good. Dunno.

322 install help

I called to sub to Dishnetwork Today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts