New Problem for me!!

joeadt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I have had my 811 for about a month. I have OTA hooked up and have had NO problems. Now every once in a while I get a blank screen. The channel menu is up but no matter what channel I select and press enter, just a blank screen, nothing comes up. The only thing that fixes the problem is for me to reach around the back of my set and unplug the 811 and reset it. Then I have to sit through "aquiring signal" before I can watch anything!!

Anyone have any ideas???????????

I get blank screens when switching from OTA to DISH Channels or when switching channels too fast.

I'm able to get out of it by changing channels or turning the unit off with the remote.

I'm getting the same thing. I have tried changing channels and they change but I still get a blank screen. I have tried the soft reset, holding in the power button on the receiver and it does nothing. The next time I see it, I'll try the remote shut off, I don't have much confidence in that though.

Yep, I've had that a few times, always in relation to using OTA (trying to lock, or switching from OTA to sat.).

Usually a simple turn off/turn back on cycle works.

Dont you all think that this is something we should NOT have to do!

Dd 5.1?

Archiving recorded programs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)