NEW OPENBOX S10 SCREEN FREEZING...NEED HELP!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onlysamiam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Thought that I might have gotten lucky and would not encounter problems; however not in the tea leaves! My screen keeps freezing, If I switch channels and back sometimes it will be ok, other times I need to power off and reboot. It might be fine for only a short time or an hour or two. Here is the information from the INFORMATION MENU: MAC 00-18-BD-5D-20-0f , MACHINE 00-03-00-00-00-00-00-00, NC 3a-7c-ac-49-c4-14-30-ba , Version C2HS2-11-09-14:033F5CMT. It was advertised as a 2011 receiver. Thanks for any support that you can give. Sam

I thought perhaps the firm ware might be the problem. I remember reading somewhere ,on the forum, when I was thinking about buying the s10 that if it was a clone upgrading the firmware could KILL it. How can I tell it it is a real s10? The company I purchased it from advertised that hey do not sell clones.
I have no idea of how to install the firmware. I would need step by step instruction.

Go into the menu and go to tools. Then display your info screen which I see you know how to do, now press 8 on the remote 4 or 5 times in a row, and you should see some new numbers pop up. If the CCID is: 00D0, 00EA, 0D0C, 085B, 98F2, 98A1, 9D1A, or 9CF4 you are good to go. Anything else and you have a clone.

Chip List Update Of S9 & S10
http://www.wydvb.com/NewsInfo.asp?id=157
if you have an Ali3602 HD Receiver for example S9,S10.S11..there is a method to identify as follows if it is original or clone.

Before identify , please backup the old software of the box into usb. Then upgrade our last software dated 14th Sep. 2011 by usb.
enter into menu---tool---information---press "8888" key, now you will see CHIP ID , If the box CHIP ID is in the chip_id_list, congratulatations, your HD Receiver is original version! You can upgrade any new firmware and experience more new functions. Otherwise, You Box is clone version , please recover the software with the old version! This software will kill the clone box when power on over 10 times. If less than 10 times, no kill for clone verion.
the chip_id_list is the following, it will update everyday: (updated date: 04/16/2012)
00D0
00EA
085B
0D0C

98A1
98F2
9CF4
9D1A

0D7E
38EC
10AA
113C
14D5
15AE
15CB
15FA

When you buy a new box , try to view the chip_id_list on our website. If you can not find the valid "CHIP ID" on the chip_id_list, it means your box is a clone box.

To do the upgrade get you a USB flash drive and load the .abs file onto it. Then in the menu, under tools you will see a upgrade by USB, put your stick in the slot and find the file and hit upload, I don't have my S10 hooked up right now, but everything is on the screen, what to do. but if you need exact step by step let me know and I will hook it up, to make sure my memory is right....or someone else can jump in.

Thanks for the updated list Carlos, what I had stored in a word file was older.

I have an origional S10

To do the upgrade get you a USB flash drive and load the .abs file onto it. Then in the menu, under tools you will see a upgrade by USB, put your stick in the slot and find the file and hit upload, I don't have my S10 hooked up right now, but everything is on the screen, what to do. but if you need exact step by step let me know and I will hook it up, to make sure my memory is right....or someone else can jump in.
I managed to get the chip ID. it is:085B that is on the list for original boxes. When you get a chance please
check your s10 for the exact steps to upgrade, I don't want to screw this up. The .abs file you mention, where is that found? Is .abs the new firmware file? I have a new USB stick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

on screen guide?

Channel breaking up, what is likely the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)