New Install: Wireless Joey not showing connected

That doesn't matter. I wish I had a WiFi Joey here. Maybe it's going to Network and then advanced Tab. Somewhere in there will be a screen alerting you that you're not connected to the WAP and to press Select and WPS

So I thought a lot about this and decided to find the WJ menu options. Only had two screens to choose from and neither had what I was looking for. Then I wondered what if I connected via ethernet what would happen. Bought a 50' cable and connected them. Dish Diagnostics on the Hopper Whole Home "Linked" to the WJ. Went back to the WJ and entered the Dish Joey Diagnostics, that I couldn't get before, and found a menu option to link to the WAP WIFi. Reattached the WAP via ethernet and selected the WPS Setup option at the WJ Diagnostics Menu then pressed WPS on the WAP and got connected! Whoo Hoo! Finally the center orange Light for WiFi on the WAP is on steady. Pulled the ethernet cable from the WJ and cycled the power to everything and it all came back up no issues. Even moved the WJ to a third TV and it worked fine after start-up. Thanks for the support to resolve my issue.

Attachments

• Dish Network Wireless Joey WiFi1.jpg
    Dish Network Wireless Joey WiFi1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Dish Network Wireless Joey WiFi2.jpg
    Dish Network Wireless Joey WiFi2.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: HipKat and Bobby
So I thought a lot about this and decided to find the WJ menu options. Only had two screens to choose from and neither had what I was looking for. Then I wondered what if I connected via ethernet what would happen. Bought a 50' cable and connected them. Dish Diagnostics on the Hopper Whole Home "Linked" to the WJ. Went back to the WJ and entered the Dish Joey Diagnostics, that I couldn't get before, and found a menu option to link to the WAP WIFi. Reattached the WAP via ethernet and selected the WPS Setup option at the WJ Diagnostics Menu then pressed WPS on the WAP and got connected! Whoo Hoo! Finally the center orange Light for WiFi on the WAP is on steady. Pulled the ethernet cable from the WJ and cycled the power to everything and it all came back up no issues. Even moved the WJ to a third TV and it worked fine after start-up. Thanks for the support to resolve my issue.
WOOOO HOOOOO!! That is awesome!

Downgrading to Welcome Pack?

RV Antenna ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts