New Install Question

JamesThurber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Spokane, WA
I am an obvious newbie and have done some reading here about backfeeding and watching multiple receivers on tv's. I had a 522 and a 322 installed. I would like to be able to change the channel on our main tv and get either the tv1 from the 522, tv2 from the 522 or the tv2 from the 322. I know that I need to use diplexers but I am not sure how I would do that. Currently the cabling in not intermingled meaning that the cables from each output only goes to the individual tv's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome aboard!

It's not hard to merge the 3 channels. The question becomes what are you going to merge them to, and where are they going?

It's by far easiest to use a separate network of cable for these three channels. No diplexers needed, just ordinary splitters - and maybe amplifiers depending on distances and such.

In other words, you'd be making your own mini-cable system.

If you must share cable between the satellite feeds and the RF outputs, then the diplexers come into play, along with splitter/combiners and it starts getting pretty messy.

Plan out where things are, where they need to go, and if you MUST share any cables.

Thank you for the welcome.

I have TV2 from the 522 going to my living room. I would like to be able to change the channel on the TV from 75 to 72 and then start watching TV2 on the 322 in my daughters room as TV2 is not going to any TV. The reason that I would like to do that is because the 522 is in the Master Bedroom and my wife is a light sleeper and if I watch TV it starts buffering and thus making noise. If I understand backfeeding properly then for this simple setup I would need to split the TV2 feed from the 322 and run both it (322-TV2) and the 522-TV2 cable into the In's on the diplexer and the out to my tv in the living room. This would give me a signal on Channel 72 and Channel 75 right? I also understand that I would need the UHF remote from the both the 522 and the 322 to conrtol the receiver on each channel. If I am confused please set me straight. Thank you.

Again, diplexers are only used when you MUST carry a UHF/VHF signal on the same cable as the satellite feed.

You say nothing about how you're going to get the signal from the 322-TV2 back to the living room. If it's got it's own cable, NO diplexers are needed for ANY of this. You already seem to have a cable from the 522 to the living room.

I think he's asking how to combine both RF outputs into one line because the TV in the living room only has one tuner.

Recording issue since last software upgrade

DP Quad LNBF w/Dish Pro Plus 44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)