New Install, Couple Of Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I'm in Goose Creek SC and just ordered a DirecTv install on Sunday. When I moved into my rental a few mo's ago I had an order in with Dish and they never showed, pretty funny since they send me bills every month.

I opted for Comcast but now after getting settled I went ahead and ordered with Direc. They are going to install a DVR in my living room and a receiver in my bedroom. Seeing where they will have to put the dish, I was wondering how they will run cables into the rooms.

The dish will be out back which is great, except they have a window to go through into my bedroom and a sliding door for the living room. Being it's a rental they pretty much can't drill anything outside to in. I am really just looking for some input on how the guy should install this setup so I can keep an eye out so that it gets done the most worry free way.

Thanks

elwaylite said:
I'm in Goose Creek SC and just ordered a DirecTv install on Sunday. When I moved into my rental a few mo's ago I had an order in with Dish and they never showed, pretty funny since they send me bills every month.

I opted for Comcast but now after getting settled I went ahead and ordered with Direc. They are going to install a DVR in my living room and a receiver in my bedroom. Seeing where they will have to put the dish, I was wondering how they will run cables into the rooms.

The dish will be out back which is great, except they have a window to go through into my bedroom and a sliding door for the living room. Being it's a rental they pretty much can't drill anything outside to in. I am really just looking for some input on how the guy should install this setup so I can keep an eye out so that it gets done the most worry free way.

Thanks

Generally for free installs, if there is no present cabling for them to use, they will usually try to drill into your ext. wall near the dish, and feed the coax through there, but, if a room is too far from the dish, they'll 'wrap around' the coax to a close entry point, then drill into your ext. walls, now, that's what they'll usually _try_, if you have a special way of how you want it ran, i.e. attic/int. wall fish, or you want special runs, use of flat cable for thru-window runs (not recommended), you'll likey have to pay extra, but, YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD DVR Questions

Article on HD DVR Delay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts