New HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well its now 6:07 pm and it looks like d* has dropped the ball again on TNT-HD.This is really starting to get on my nerves. One could only wonder what they are really up to!and they call themself the Hd leader!.Come on d* and step up to the plate on this issue........................DIGITAL~DAN

PS. VARIOUS CONTACTS TELL YOU ONE THING AND D* DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENT.I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could D* have dropped the ball on TNT-HD??? I don't remember ever seeing an announcement saying that they were going to carry it. Would I like to receive it, yes but why get upset about not having something that we weren't told we were going to get?

Here goes:

NBA on TNT Goes All-HD
By Mike Reynolds multichannel.com10/26/2004 5:41:00 PM

Turner Network Television will present its entire slate of National Basketball Association games for the 2004-05 season in high-definition.

Network officials said all 52 regular-season games, plus extensive playoff coverage, will be shot in native HD, with a minimum of 10 cameras at each game site and five for the drama network’s studio hoops shows.

The network’s production unit -- whether for games or studio programming -- will transmit two separate telecasts: one in 4x3 standard-definition, and the other in 16x9 HD. The NBA telecasts will be broadcast in 1080i (interlaced) native HD using Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, according to network officials.

TNT’s coverage -- which this year includes the addition of NBA insider David Aldridge, who had been serving in a similar capacity for ESPN -- tips off with an election-night doubleheader Nov. 2, with the Houston Rockets visiting the defending champion Detroit Pistons at 8 p.m. (EST). That contest will be followed by the Denver Nuggets visiting Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center at 10:30 p.m.

Also, as part of the NBA's “Premiere Week,” TNT begins its exclusive Thursday-night doubleheader coverage Nov. 4 with Shaquille O’Neal’s first home game with the Miami Heat as they host LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, trailed by 2003-04 Most Valuable Player Kevin Garnett and the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Nuggets.

Could we see something after the earnings call tommorow????? 2:00PM EST....... (lets hope right?)

Well, it is 8:30 a.m. here on the east coast and no TNT-HD on Directv...this is very disappointing...so much for being number 1...

fkostyn said:
Could we see something after the earnings call tommorow????? 2:00PM EST....... (lets hope right?)

That would be nice, but a great way to screw up opening night and all the "hoop-la" that goes with it for tonight!

Chad4002 said:
....this is very disappointing...so much for being number 1...

WELL SAID!

At this rate they are now #3, how dare you let your subscribers suffer behind the likes of V* and E*? Come on D*, forget about that Altitude crap and get TNT-HD!

Posted over at AVS forum Nov 10 start of TNT HD. Maybe rumors again? We will have to wait and see.

FREDFA:

What was that post telling us? It was just an excerpt from four posts above it. It's just an announcement to promote what TNT itself will be doing for the upcoming 2004-2005 NBA season. It says nothing about who or what relating to distributors. Unless I am missing something?

Also - GREAT if the 10th pans out, but WHY, WHY IN HECK D*, do it after the big season opener and HOOP-LA events that will surely take place ONLY on 11/02? I mean if you're gonna give it to us on the 10th, we are only talking one more week, just get your acts together and give us all 100% of the TNT-HD NBA 2004-2005 season.

I think it is funny that you are all so worried about the NBA when the worst thing to happen to America (John Kerry) could potentially effect you over the next 4 years vs the next week. If you are that big of a fan of TNT-HD you should have installed Voom!

Good Luck George, they would only let me vote once!

OK, I was just asking because it was the same verbage as from a few posts before it, no big deal. I thought your were trying to show where D* and TNT had made an announcement inside that story.

slacker9876 said:
I think it is funny that you are all so worried about the NBA when the worst thing to happen to America (John Kerry) could potentially effect you over the next 4 years vs the next week. If you are that big of a fan of TNT-HD you should have installed Voom!

Youshould move to OH you can vote as much as you want. As someone from MA I hope Bush kicks butt tonight Kerry is totally useless.

see this is why we don't talk politics on an A/V site. now we are all subjected to wading through the hijacked material to read about the A/V stuff. please post it else where.

JerryVolunteer said:
I hope your all having fun when tomorrow your saying President Kerry!

I just hope we can say someone was elected today and not have to wait like last time.

slacker9876 said:

As if the worst hasn't already hapend with Bush. I'm a Republican who for the first time voted for a Dem. But I'd rather not discuss politics here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dvr

TNT, FOX, Other HD ... {RANT}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)