NEW HD Channels are LIVE

waltinvt said:
Could this possibly be NESN-HD for New England ?
NESN-HD is an RSN and it is HD. Hope that Dish adds it when they start adding as reported on here this fall and next spring.

My RSN is FSN Florida/Sun Sports....both FOX-owned and probably FOX's busiest HD production regional sports network with over 70 Marlins, 35 Devil Rays, 10 Magic, 10 Lightning, and 35-some Panthers games in HD locally.

Poke said:
Yeah right now I think HGTVHD is the best so far due to it seems alot of their shows are in HD.. To where the rest of them have been showing things in SD..
But look at the schedule, they are rerunning the same shows every 3-4 hours.

Did anyone see this offer? Once again Charlie sticks it to the EXISTING customer, I've been with the company for almost 8 years and I get schtuped daily and the new customers get the sweet deals.

New customers can also save $200 if they subscribe to DishHD Bronze or higher through DISH Network's HD Bonus promotion combined with its current $100 Back offer. To take advantage of the HD Bonus promotion, new customers must submit a redemption form with their first bill to receive the benefits, which in turn provides a $20 credit on each subsequent bill for 10 months. Both the discounted lease upgrade fees and the HD Bonus will run through Jan. 31, 2007.

There are good deals for existing customers too.

One can now trade up from a leased 921/942 to a leased 622 for no charge, and even get a dish & switch upgrade in the deal. Don't know if you get any discounts on the HD packages though, as you wouldn't be a new HD customer.

However an existing Dish customer who doesn't have HD yet, should be eligible for a good deal.

bkushner said:
But look at the schedule, they are rerunning the same shows every 3-4 hours.
I recall reading HGHD had something like 300 hours of HD content they were going to show this year. I commend them not showing SD or Stretch-o-vision (and the PQ is very good), but there is going to be a lot of repeats. In any case, you have to start somewhere and I'm willing to cut them some slack during their first year of operation. After all, it's another 300 hour of HD content and I still remember sitting on my arse waiting, begging, praying for some HD when I purchase my first HDTV back in early 2002. HD has made a lot of progress in the past 4+ years!;)

In April they announced that they had 350 hours of HD programming, and hoped to add another 100 hours by the end of the year.

So over 7 months, that would work out to about 65 hours of new HD programming per month, or approx 2 hours per day.

This is pretty typical for a new HD channel.

It's showing up in all the HD tiers online. In no place does dish make exclusions based on typographical errors. Dish is most likely on the hook in many states based on marketing laws. My personal experience is Dish folds fast when presented with an official complaint from an AG office. AG offices are known to extra thousands of dollars in fines for misleading marketing.

Tom Bombadil said:
There are good deals for existing customers too.

One can now trade up from a leased 921/942 to a leased 622 for no charge, and even get a dish & switch upgrade in the deal. Don't know if you get any discounts on the HD packages though, as you wouldn't be a new HD customer.

However an existing Dish customer who doesn't have HD yet, should be eligible for a good deal.

In theory, I get my new 622 installed tomorrow (if it shows up before the installer). They offered me everything for no charge - box, installation, etc (I had the 942) - with the exception of an additional $10/month for my local (network) HD feeds and the VOOM feeds. Since VOOM was an additional $10/month anyway, sounded like a deal.

The only reason the NGHD channel is listed as part of HD Gold is because National Geographic is only available in the AT180 package. Dish HD Gold is the AT180 package + the HD.

Stacy A said:
The only reason the NGHD channel is listed as part of HD Gold is because National Geographic is only available in the AT180 package. Dish HD Gold is the AT180 package + the HD.
But NG-HD is also listed on lower packages, Bronze and Silver.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...ramming/pricingandpackages/bronze/index.shtml

So come July 7, are they going to take away NG-HD from Bronze and Silver? That would be unfair but probably within their right. Later this month, D* is taking away Fox Movie Channel from Total Choice package and making it part of Total Choice Plus package.

They should mark this as a promo in the Bronze and Silver lineup. Alot of customers who sign up now, and DON'T know satelliteguys, get screwed in July. Yes right now it is part of all packages, but once they signed up and have the stuff installed, they'll find out as soon as they go to the channel and see that this is a free preview only. Then they get pissed that nobody told them and would have to upgrade to keep it. Most of them won't, and they'll spread the word that they got not what they wanted initially.

bkushner said:
So then us fools that paid $99 got burnt right?

Well, it is hard to label a deal that only cost $99 for a sophisticated piece of equipment like a 622 as one where someone got "burnt."

And the latest word is that the upgrade may still cost $99, as at least one person has been told that the new lease cost for a 622 is $199 with a $100 trade-in for a 921/942. That would still leave it as $99.

There is also confusion around the programming credits. One might get $100 in programming credits when upgrading from a 9xx, but it isn't clear. So far no one has posted the text of the current offer. I can't find it on Dish's site.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to put NFLHD up in the same number block with NHLHD/NBAHD channels and put StarzHD in the same number block with HBOHD and ShotimeHD?? Just thought it was kinda odd they way they laid them out.

it is odd.

Plus they should remove the hbo, sho, and ppv options from 148 already and be done with HD on that sat.

That will open up some more numbers so things don't have to be broken up

ETA for Update allowing External Drive Transfering????

PocketDish: Archos ducking warrantee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)