New Guy issues with Fortec Star

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i8iridium

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Minot, ND
Hi. I've been lurking on here for a while...I just got a Ku band FTA setup. My main goal has been to get G10R because of the ABC, NBC, CBS, an FOX channels that i can get. I finally found it with help of a satellite finder...because i couldn't find anything with the box cause of a problem that i found. Once i though i found G10 and did a power scan with my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra i found that all the downlink freqs were off. For example...i was going for V-11799 and the box found it as V-10799. everything else is right, just not the downlink...any clues to what could be wrong? I am happy that i found G10R, though...don't get me wrong. :D

Hello! Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA/MPEG-2 forum. Sounds like you may have entered the wrong L.O. (LNB Local-Freq.) for the type of LNBF you have (Antenna Setup), see below and change every satellite to the correct L.O. value depending on what kind of LNBF being used.....

Universal LNBF L.O. = 09750-10600
Standard LNBF L.O.= 10750

On the off chance you what to use a DBS LNB the L.O. = 11250

Stoopid! (smacks head) and it says right on it L.O. 10.75GHz

ok...i'm redoing it all...thanks for the help!!!!

another question...is there a good satellite finder? i have one that i picked up that works ok....its just a simple analog gauge that beeps.

Beepers are OK but they cant differentiate between the satellites and so often home in on the stronger satellites up there (DBS) They can be used effectively with some KU satellites but they are more of a guide than anything else especially anywhere near a DBS satellite. I like the Digisat II satellite meter but the much cheaper SF-95 and SF-100 do the same thing.

https://www.perfect-10.tv/EquipManuals/Digisat 2.pdf

Best meter is your TV and the signal quality meter, if you can see them from the dish, even a small TV on a L O N G cable will work.

i8iridium

Noticed your location...if you are a Sioux hockey fan, their games are on satellite.
I don't know if you have access to Fighting Sioux Sports Network via cable in your town, but the games are beamed up on FTA satellite on Galaxy 3 (95W)

Both myself and PSB can get the games here in Minneapolis :D

Well, due to the location of my dish i can pick up my true south satellite (AMC 4) and all those west of it and that is all. I 'm on the west side of the building. :(

I have to agree. I have a SF-95 and a milk crate with a 5" TV, dish network receiver and my first FTA receiver the Viacast 2000. So I use the SF-95 to get in the ballpark and use the TV and receivers to do the rest. I use the Dish Network receiver to help find all the Bell/DN birds.

PSB said:
Beepers are OK but they cant differentiate between the satellites and so often home in on the stronger satellites up there (DBS) They can be used effectively with some KU satellites but they are more of a guide than anything else especially anywhere near a DBS satellite. I like the Digisat II satellite meter but the much cheaper SF-95 and SF-100 do the same thing.

https://www.perfect-10.tv/EquipManuals/Digisat 2.pdf

Best meter is your TV and the signal quality meter, if you can see them from the dish, even a small TV on a L O N G cable will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Microyal thoughts

A 4,000th post THANKS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts