Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I know this question may have been asked in many other areas. But I was on the phone with retention and I was informed that the new HD DVR must be hooked up to a phone line? True or false. The retention person stated that with the "DVR' portion, this is a must?

Last edited:
I don't know if it's true or not, but if I have to have a phone line connected it better work with Vonage or it won't be hooked up!

satjay said:
I know this question may have been asked in many other areas. But I was on the phone with retention and I was informed that the new HD DVR must be hooked up to a phone line? True or false. The retention person stated that with the "DVR' portion, this is a must?
According to Earl on DBSTalk, you have to agree to hookup a phone line, but the DVR will still work without it:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=62769

Last edited:
I think I may wait untill the dust and (issues) with this DVR have cleared out. I was a early person to get the new HD Mpeg reciever and many bugs had to be worked out. I am not in a great need of the DVR now. Though hopefully when I upgrade our Main family TV to HD late this year those bugs will be resolved!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20-700 Has Arrived in Washington DC

Letter from D* about MandarinDirect II / Mandarin Direct; Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)