New Direct internet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
Anyone else hear about a new direct internet coming with the next year or so? I had a tech here this morning about a bad splitter and he was telling me about a new internet service that is currently in the works. Sounds like they will use the newer dish style and have a receiver type box connected to the dish it self and an antenna that broadcasts the signal to the whole house via the receiver. They are making or manufacturing a filter and it will be right around the 5g speed. Sounds interesting not sure if its just in the planning stages or they actually have a prototype out. What if anything has people heard about this.

Actually is not a Satellite delivered internet service it is a partnership with other providers and it is a terrestrial service. I believe a trial was launched in Erie PA.

John

Actually is not a Satellite delivered internet service it is a partnership with other providers and it is a terrestrial service. I believe a trial was launched in Erie PA.

John

so nothing for rural users then, no dso, no cable, no directv internet?

JohnL said:

John

He's right. It was actually a partnership between Directv and Verizon. They were testing a TV/Internet bundle using Verizon's new 4G service. It would be very interesting to see if they offer it to everyone in the near future.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

The tech was pretty knowledgeable about the program, so that's good to hear. Seemed like an interesting idea, and he said the price would be around $30-$40. I recently found out that AT&T is putting caps on internet usage so hopefully this comes out sooner rather then later. I believe he said that it would work with HR24 but I could be mistaking as we were talking about a couple different things.

Just have to say that I see that some people post about having problems with direct when they have a problem or such but since Nov '10 I have had a receiver go bad, they sent a new one out that day, recently the power inverter had a problem had a tech come out and replace that and the splitter and during all the calls everyone seemed like they wanted to help and resolve the problem. I just wanted to add this as it seems people complain but not many write or comment on the good things.

I would love an option like this. As long as the speeds are decent, $40 is good. I'd drop comcast Internet real quick

I would love an option like this. As long as the speeds are decent, $40 is good. I'd drop comcast Internet real quick

Dropping a wireline ISP for wireless is guaranteed to lead to disappointment. The capacity isn't there using any transmission protocol in any spectrum to deliver unicast data at anywhere close to what wireline providers can offer.

Of course, you can get suckered in like all those folks who switched to Clear "unlimited" 4G only to find out about the capacity issues once the towers started getting more than a handful of active users.

The article states that Verizon plans on using LTE to get those rural customers back that they sold to Frontier. Very clever indeed. I read on a website that Verizon still owns all the backbones (the fiber lines) going to the main office hubs and that Verizon only sold Frontier the main office hubs and the copper lines that run to them. If this is the case then that means that Verizon can use their backbone to run fiber to all of their towers and to provide this new LTE service (or any other service they choose with their backbones).

5g speed ?
What is 5G speeds ?

So far there are no standards.

• The high quality services of 5G technology based on Policy to avoid error.
  • 5G technology is providing large broadcasting of data in Gigabit which supporting almost 65,000 connections.
  • 5G technology offer transporter class gateway with unparalleled consistency.
  • The traffic statistics by 5G technology makes it more accurate.
  • Through remote management offered by 5G technology a user can get better and fast solution.
  • The remote diagnostics also a great feature of 5G technology.
  • The 5G technology is providing up to 25 Mbps connectivity speed.
  • The 5G technology also support virtual private network.
  • The new 5G technology will take all delivery service out of business prospect
  • The uploading and downloading speed of 5G technology touching the peak.
  • The 5G technology network offering enhanced and available connectivity just about the world
A new revolution of 5G technology is about to begin because 5G technology going to give tough completion to normal computer and laptops whose marketplace value will be effected. There are lots of improvements from 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G to 5G in the world of telecommunications. The new coming 5G technology is available in the market in affordable rates, high peak future and much reliability than its preceding technologies.

What is 5G Technology - 5G Wireless Technology - 5th Generation - 5G Features, 5G Mobile Technology

We had a Verizon rep show up in Quartzsite and mention that Verizon was going to position their 4g as a competitor to DSL. At the time I didn't fully appreciate what he was saying. Now it seems to be clearer to me. Their roll-out was scheduled for 33 markets this year, 99 next year followed by full nationwide coverage the following year. It is fast.

If only I could get cell service where I live, I would change in a heartbeat. AT&T DSL is just marginal where I live.

Is there ANY differentiation between Hughes Corp; Hughes Comm or are they one in the same? Is one the parent? I am thinking they bid for Hughes Communications...
Did he tender a bid for the parent company Hughes Corp getting ALL the assets or simply one of the subsidiaries such as Hughes Comm; Hughes Systique Corporation, SkyTerra Communications, Inc. and Electronic System Products, Inc?

Is this only for USA, North America or Global? I think its only a bid offer at this time; sure to be a fight over it I bet! The Hughes stock holders WILL NOT be happy!

Last edited:
Is there ANY differentiation between Hughes Corp; Hughes Comm or are they one in the same? Is one the parent? I am thinking they bid for Hughes Communications...
Did he tender a bid for the parent company Hughes Corp getting ALL the assets or simply one of the subsidiaries such as Hughes Comm; Hughes Systique Corporation, SkyTerra Communications, Inc. and Electronic System Products, Inc?

Is this only for USA, North America or Global? I think its only a bid offer at this time; sure to be a fight over it I bet! The Hughes stock holders WILL NOT be happy!

He placed a bid for Hughes Communications Inc. This website explains the difference between that and Hughes Network Systems, LLC: Learn About HughesNet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D* Wireless Adapter

ESPN hd signal drops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)