New Direct Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwino

Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Central Missouri
I'm dumping cable and having Whole Home DVR and Cinema Connection, Direct TV installed next week. I have a wiring question. I will retain cable internet and the cable router is in a room where there will be to tv. I have 3 HD tv's to connect to Direct and each RG-6 run including the cable router has a separate cable from where the cable enters the home to each tv and router. I also have a ethernet for PS3 and Roku to each tv from a switch located in the same room as the cable router.
Will I need a switch/hub at each tv to accommodate an additional ethernet cable to each Direct TV receiver? If not do I have enough coax drops for the installation?

Thanks,
Jim

Make sure your installer sets up your remote for RF and not IR if you want it that way. Wasted a lot of time on the phone with "john and suzie in India" who told me I had to pay to get an RF remote and me not knowing I had one the whole time argued with them...way to long on the phone.

Jeff

cband said:
Make sure your installer sets up your remote for RF and not IR if you want it that way. Wasted a lot of time on the phone with "john and suzie in India" who told me I had to pay to get an RF remote and me not knowing I had one the whole time argued with them...way to long on the phone.

Jeff

RF remotes don't come with all irds and the installer is only required to do ir

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SatelliteGuys

Jeff

Yes by all means make sure the whole home dvr is working in all rooms before the installer leaves.....I was on the phone most of the afternoon yesterday trying to get my whole home DVR working. I even hooked directly to my AT&T gateway and setting DNS and IP addresses, I have to wait for the slug that installed it to come back tomorrow. Direct TV said that I was with in the warranty for them to come back. The lady told me to call the installing company and get them to come back because the installation was not complete.

Yes by all means make sure the whole home dvr is working in all rooms before the installer leaves.....I was on the phone most of the afternoon yesterday trying to get my whole home DVR working. I even hooked directly to my AT&T gateway and setting DNS and IP addresses, I have to wait for the slug that installed it to come back tomorrow. Direct TV said that I was with in the warranty for them to come back. The lady told me to call the installing company and get them to come back because the installation was not complete.

The SLUG ???

Wow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New software

How to view scheduled recordings by date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)