Status
Please reply by conversation.

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
I've had my new box for a week or so now and have a question regarding a couple of issues. When doing an Auto Scan - the box scans through the available channels which are programmed for a particular satellite. Say there are 130 channels programmed. You do an auto scan and it finds 10 of those that are active. After the scan is finished it says that it is saving those 10 to memory. Now, I want to view those 10 channels that were just found in the order in which they were found - how??? The box does not seem to add the found channels to the end of the list like the Pansat or the Fortec does. Unless you can view the found channels, what use is Auto Scan?

Second question is how does one view the symbol rate for a channel. Pressing the Info button twice only shows the TP freq, polarity, PID's etc.

I have emailed Coolsat directly but have received no response. Perhaps I am just missing something. Thanks for your help.

From watching TV if I hit 'SAT' on the remote and choose 'All Satellite' the channels seem to appear in the order which I scanned them in. If I choose a particular satelite is shows me just the channels for that sat and re-numbers them all.

To complicate matters further, I made my own favorites list which you have to add channels to if you want them to show up.

The only way I know to get the SR is to figure out which transponder you see the channel on and them go into the 'Manual Scan' menu, select the sat / transponder and you'll see the Symbol rate for that tranponder.

There is probably an easier way but that's what I do :)

rayydio said:
I've had my new box for a week or so now and have a question regarding a couple of issues. When doing an Auto Scan - the box scans through the available channels which are programmed for a particular satellite. Say there are 130 channels programmed. You do an auto scan and it finds 10 of those that are active. After the scan is finished it says that it is saving those 10 to memory. Now, I want to view those 10 channels that were just found in the order in which they were found - how??? The box does not seem to add the found channels to the end of the list like the Pansat or the Fortec does. Unless you can view the found channels, what use is Auto Scan?
huh? I just scanned a satellite with my Coolsat (SBS6) and it adds the new stuff at the end, just like my Pansat
Second question is how does one view the symbol rate for a channel. Pressing the Info button twice only shows the TP freq, polarity, PID's etc.
go to manual scan and scroll through the TP's stored :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Advertise your Satellite company here!

Tivo? Can tivo Work with FTA? Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts