Need to get AT60+ or higher to get MLB EI?

bougerg

Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
Hi new guy here. I was thinking of getting E*, and was definitely considering MLB EI. I live in NYC and RCN has a great deal for a cable tv/modem package. unfortunately, they don't carry sports subscriptions. time Warner is available too but they're more expensive. I was wondering if I get get E* simply for the sports subscription or if I need to buy a package to even be eligible for it. Nothing is mentioned on the website. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hi welcome to the site!

That is a really good question
and I want to say that you can order MLB EI ala carte without an AT package
but I'm just not sure....

i have read that they have to let you have it by itself if you want it. you have to tell them that is the only thing you want. give them a call and see what they say. you might have to call a few times to get a customer service rep that will give it to you.

welcome to the site, glad you are here.

mdonnelly said:
Hope you don't want YES network. :D

Nah, funnily enough I'm actually a Red Sox fan living in NY, so the only time I would have problem with watching the Sox through EI is if they're playing the Yankees or Mets (not a problem this year). I'd rather watch a mighty battle between the Brewers and the Rockies than have to endure the commentary and arrogance of the Yankees announcers.

Thanks for all your help guys. I will give E* a call and see what I can accomplish. I'll post an answer here if none is posted before mine.

heh, but isn't like 50% of Red sox games playing the yankees, at least it seems that way...

Okay, just called E* and found out that you can get the sports subscriptions a la carte, without ordering a basic package. Of course, if you do that the CSR rep said you lose the option to lease, because leasing requires a minimum AT60 subscription. So that's not something I wanted to hear. But this might be good for those who already have a E* dish and don't have access to MLB EI, et al. thru their cable.

Starz has new channel

Will this work to save $5/month additional receiver fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts