need some motor parts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopher2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
anyone have any extra or know where i can get a mounting bracket and u bolt for my sg2100?
thanks

It'll help to know specifically which one you have.

It seems that a bazillion companies make a DiSEqC motor called a SG2100 which all look about the same but they have subtle differences. The bolt spacing make be different between manufacturers.

My Motec motor looks a LOT like the DMSi one. They even copied the box! It works.. I'm happy -lol.

I wouldn't mind getting a new setof u-bolts for mine. I think one stripped when I installed it. It isn't going anywhere but if I ever need to take it off it may not go back on.

gopher2, if you have a TrueValue close by they sell a set of U-bolts with the correct dimensions, they're a little thicker than the standard bolts so you'll need to widen the holes in the bracket slightly.
You'll also need 2 plates and a washer each otherwise you'll run out of thread unless you're installing onto a wider pole.
Any automotive store should sell the rear bracket.

I had to replace mine with the larger dish, the threads are prone to stripping, I think it happens when you loosen the nuts and they crossthread.

Attachments

• IMG_8617.jpg
    IMG_8617.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 164
Cool, I am going to stop by the hardware store on the way home from work today to see if they have the U bolts.

Does anyone know the size/dimensions?

I had originally bought a piece of steel bar, that i bent and threaded. But it is not even and dosent seem to pull down evenly on the mounting bracket.

I think i have possible bent the mounting bracket by tighting the bolts to tight.

we will see.....

PSB said:
Spare parts for the SG2100 are available.........

http://www.dmsiusa.com/parts.htm
That's cool that the parts are readily available. An interesting part (to me) is the SG2100T50 50mm down tube for the SG2100 motor. That's just shy of 2". I bet that with a single piece of 2" schedule 40 PVC shim would be pretty much dead on for the 2 3/8" mounts like my P* and other use.

Shawn

PopcornNMore said:
Cascade, where did you get the orange coax cable?

I was just thinking the same ;)

Here at work, we have coax of just about every color, but its quad-shield, RG59 Headend cable (meaning, not copper clad.. just a silver conductor)

I have 4 runs (8 lines) of very expensive twin flood-rated running from my house to the dish courtesy of DishNetwork and the fifth installer they sent out.

gopher2 said:
Cool, I am going to stop by the hardware store on the way home from work today to see if they have the U bolts.

Does anyone know the size/dimensions?

I had originally bought a piece of steel bar, that i bent and threaded. But it is not even and dosent seem to pull down evenly on the mounting bracket.

I think i have possible bent the mounting bracket by tighting the bolts to tight.

we will see.....

I just broke the U bolts on mine yesterday (story coming soon)...I just bought some 5/16x3 1/2" hex head bolts...they work fine :)

3/8" is too big and you would have to drill the holes out

Cascade said:
Ice, be very careful using standard bolts, it'll pull the bracket all out of whack.
The flat U bolts are to stop that from happening.

Its all I could find on Saturday...I'll probably do some more looking :)

If anyone wants a set of these bolts just let me know, I only replaced mine 2 weeks ago and I know they're still in stock.
I'll get PSB to post the MSRP on the DMSI bolt-set in this thread.

Cascade said:
If anyone wants a set of these bolts just let me know, I only replaced mine 2 weeks ago and I know they're still in stock.
I'll get PSB to post the MSRP on the DMSI bolt-set in this thread.

Pete won't post pricing on the board. You'll have to PM or e-mail him :)

Here is what happens when the U bolts are up on the dish for a year in the elements and you try to take it down :)

Attachments

• IM000138.JPG
    IM000138.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 133
Cascade said:
Ice, be very careful using standard bolts, it'll pull the bracket all out of whack.
The flat U bolts are to stop that from happening.

Hopefully I can drill out the holes on the brackets....I can get the U bolts at Ace Hardware in town, but they need a 3/8" drill out

True value was indeed the only store i could find the square ubolt.
I tried home depot, lowes, and aco.
I have had alot of play in the motor, and found its comming from where the tube bolts on.
I put some epoxy into the tube area where it meets the motor stub.
hopefully it will take some slack out of the thing.
I drilled some holes for a third u bolt, mabey it will make it more stable

Man my motor looks nasty.. i think its time for a new one .......

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_0030-2.jpg
    Resized_IMG_0030-2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 167
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need Help for setting up coolsat 4000 pro for G3c

How far have we stretched? Post your results/location!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)