NEED MUCH NEEDED HELP!!!

enm0725

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
liberty township ohio
Ok here it is, Im not to up on all the satellite lingo so please bare with me. I currently have dish and out of contract. I have dish 500 with 625 and the 322g I have the 625 to primary tv in living room and dual to my master bedroom, the 322 goes to the 2 kids rooms. I am wanting to upgrade to HD since I just bought a nice HDTV for the living room. I am wanting to move the old tv in the living room downstairs to the basement, and will have an additional 2 tvs down in the basement. What is the best configuration and receivers to do this. Dish is wanting to charge an arm and a leg plus my two kids to get this done!!! They say I could only get HD on one tv and SD on the others unless I have HD receivers on each tv which is a huge expense. Any help on this matter would be great, I am thinking about going back to cable just because of all the headaches I am getting from this.

If you only have one HDTV, you only need 1 HD receiver. Isn't that what you said you have? An HD receiver like the 222, 222k, 622, 722, or 722k supplies HD to one HDTV and SD to a second TV. A 211, 211k or 612 supplies HD to one HDTV. For your older SDTVs, there is no need to have HD as they cannot display it as HD anyway. As you add more HDTVs in the future, you'll need to upgrade your SD receivers to HD receivers.

Yep, all you need to do is trade the 625 for a 722 (or 722k or 622). Check "Dish'n it up" under offers in your online account. The cost is different depending on your contract status and programming.

Looks like you might want to just add a 722 to your setup.

Do you lease the 2 receivers (4 tuners) you now have? If so, you are at the limit of leased tuners ordinarily allowed by Dish, so you might have to buy.

If you have to buy, look at buying a 322 to physically replace your leased 322 and use Dish-N-It Up (DIU) to trade the leased 322 for a 722.

DishStore.NET has a remanufactured 322 for $100 and DIU on the 722 through Dish should be about $125. Check with Claude at DishStore.NET, he might be able to beat that price on a leased 722.

I agree with these guys. You should swap the 625 with a 722 if you only have 1 HDTV. If you have 2 HDTVs then you should swap the 625 with a 722 and swap the 322 with a 222. You will have to pay an upgrade fee for any receiver you get. It should only cost around $100 - $200. If you feel that is expensive you need to realize that the price includes the HD receiver, a new Dish 1000.2, and the installation of it. Sounds like a good deal to me.

You would probably go with swapping the 2 receivers you have with a 722 and a 222. I would mirror 2 of your TVs, the ones you watch the least. With this set-up you would have 4 TV's that watch what they want and 2 TVs that have to watch the same thing thats on in another room. Unless you want to be able to watch different programming in all 6 rooms at once. In that case you would need 3 dual tuners.

Free PPV E-Mail

Moving an external drive from a 622 to a 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts