Need help in chosing a good receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigdady1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Can someone please advise me on the quality of VIEWSAT VS PRO vs Traxis 3500, I currently own Traxis 3500 which is set up in my living room, am now looking for another receiver to replace this one in the living room, so I can move it to my bed room.:confused:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Traxis 3500

Is there anything your Traxis won't do that you are looking for?
Are you happy with it?
I think the Viewsats are 50% to 100% more expensive than a Traxis 3500.

If there is a feature you'd like, maybe there are better receivers to recommend.

No, just want to move the Traxis to my bedroom and replace it with something els in the living room.

the traxis is a good receiver , the menu system is kinda plain on it. the coolsat (5000) is a bit easier to use ,plus the remote is easier to change satellites than the traxis. but also you can't buy a coolsat 5000 with a warranty now. the traxis is one of the lower cost receivers on the market so if you like it .....

Hi:

I replaced my Fortec Lifetime Ultra a few months ago with a Viewsat Ultra. I've never had any problems with it and the Viewsat controls my Stab motor fine. I recommend it but I have never owned a Coolsat or a Travis so I cannot compare between them.

If You are wanting to try something different
I would go with a coolsat or pansat
but You can't beat the price of the traxis and it very easy to setup and use,
of course You already have one

I also have a veiwsat ultra and my hh90 motor works fine with it. I think when they first hit the market there was problems with controling the motor but they have since been fixed.

Last edited:
Stay away from the Visionsat and Coolsat 7000 is my current advice. Neither will switch a disecq switch reliably, neither have what I would call a great blind scan, now all of that may get fixed in the future, but as of today, they are, in my expereince, broken for true FTA. They might be okay for Eye Patch Ganger's, but for us, nogo.

How do I know, you ask? I have both. :(

My Coolsat 5000 is still the best receiver I have ever used.

Thanks everyone for the outstanding advice, I am now leaning toward Coolsat 5000, but I read somewhere that the 5000 has been discontinued and replaced with Coolsat 6100. Should I still go with 5000 if I can find one or go for the 6100?

As the 6100 is just the 7000 without the internal buffer, it will, in all probability, have the same problems my 7000 has. So no, the 5000 and 6100 are NOT functionally identical.

Now, as far as the 5000 being discontinued, yes if you buy one, it will have no warranty. So that's a decision only you can make.

Me, I'd much rather have a receiver that works without a warranty than one that makes me grayer by the day. And I have TWO of those. :)

the 5000 & 6000 are almost alike but like mentioned they will not have a warranty.
the 6100 & above are the newer models but are made by another manufacturer and just carry the coolsat name.

Does anyone have experience with the Conaxsat that they would like to share? If the Visionsat and CS7K have the same problems (they are, essentially, the same hardware), then the next PVR-ready receiver to consider would be the Conaxsat.

I've read those, and from what I'm getting, the Conaxsats seem to have the least number of bugs. Very interesting, as I was going to go with the Visionsat. Only negative about the Conaxsat seems to be its $50 higher price tag...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satworks 3688 Question

What receivers blindscan the arc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)