Need help adjusting 4.5meter C-Band dish

kgullion

Original poster
Apr 15, 2014
Easton, MD
Hello,

I am trying to realign my 4.5 meter C-Band satellite dish. It was connected to 121 deg. We are now trying to connect it to 101 degrees. We had luck with one transponder, but none of the others would come through. We have an inclinometer, but not exactly sure where to put it. I tried to google it, but I get different answers I think my elevation is what the issue is. 121 deg was around 25.7deg in elevation while 101 deg is supposed to be at 38. I didn't know if anyone has any tricks or recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am trying to realign my 4.5 meter C-Band satellite dish. It was connected to 121 deg. We are now trying to connect it to 101 degrees. We had luck with one transponder, but none of the others would come through. We have an inclinometer, but not exactly sure where to put it. I tried to google it, but I get different answers I think my elevation is what the issue is. 121 deg was around 25.7deg in elevation while 101 deg is supposed to be at 38. I didn't know if anyone has any tricks or recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Lot's and lots of photos of your dish please. Especially showing the mount, and adjustment points. Then maybe we can advise. Is it a polar mount, OR a fixed mount? Makes a BIG difference on advice to adjust...

Going to need your precise location also. Photos of the feed.
Thanks for the reply. It is a stationary mount. Please see attached photos.

Attachments

• Sat Location.jpg
    Sat Location.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Sat5.jpg
    Sat5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Sat4.jpg
    Sat4.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Sat3.jpg
    Sat3.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Sat2.jpg
    Sat2.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Sat1.jpg
    Sat1.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 75
Lot's and lots of photos of your dish please. Especially showing the mount, and adjustment points. Then maybe we can advise. Is it a polar mount, OR a fixed mount? Makes a BIG difference on advice to adjust...
Thanks for the response.

Attachments

• Sat Location.jpg
    Sat Location.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Sat5.jpg
    Sat5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Sat4.jpg
    Sat4.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Sat3.jpg
    Sat3.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Sat2.jpg
    Sat2.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Sat1.jpg
    Sat1.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 53
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 38.2°
Azimuth (true): 216.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 227.9°
LNB Skew [?]: 27.7°
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish

Elevation would be best checked if you had a straight edge vertically across the dish face.
Unless there is a place on the mount that is perfectly parallel with the dish face.
Azimuth. You got it. Use your dish pointer findings. Sounds like you snagged signal from 1 transponder.
Peak signal with the dish mount adjustments to get the signal as good as you can. Lock it all down.

LNB Skew. Did you turn (rotate) the lnbf in it's mount to match that angle?
Without moving the assembly in or out. Use a Sharpie to make reference marks where it is currently.
Rotate it slowly while watching your signal strength.
Perhaps making very small in/out adjustments.
You should see the signal increase. And if you're using a vertical transponder to peak the signal.
Once you get it, switch over to a horizontal transponder and make the same signal peaking checks.
Watch signal when you snug the lnbf mounting hardware. Don't be a gorilla and distort any part of it.

Reactions: kgullion
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 38.2°
Azimuth (true): 216.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 227.9°
LNB Skew [?]: 27.7°
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish

Elevation would be best checked if you had a straight edge vertically across the dish face.
Unless there is a place on the mount that is perfectly parallel with the dish face.
Azimuth. You got it. Use your dish pointer findings. Sounds like you snagged signal from 1 transponder.
Peak signal with the dish mount adjustments to get the signal as good as you can. Lock it all down.

LNB Skew. Did you turn (rotate) the lnbf in it's mount to match that angle?
Without moving the assembly in or out. Use a Sharpie to make reference marks where it is currently.
Rotate it slowly while watching your signal strength.
Perhaps making very small in/out adjustments.
You should see the signal increase. And if you're using a vertical transponder to peak the signal.
Once you get it, switch over to a horizontal transponder and make the same signal peaking checks.
Watch signal when you snug the lnbf mounting hardware. Don't be a gorilla and distort any part of it.
Sounds good. We will give this a shot. Thanks again!

Tips and Suggestions for C-Band Dish Installation?

Need help for Zenith Brand C-Band Dish Setup