NBA Game # 2 Laker & t- Wolves TNT SD

WJMorales

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Huntley Illinois
Did anyone notice the awful picture on TNT SD channel? The picture was very blurry. I am using a 2800 & 510 connected via S-video to Hitachi 51S500 and I am also using my 301 with Toshiba 31" TV connected via S-video.

PQ of NBA Games on TNT-SD & ESPN-SD

It's a conspiracy, they make the SD channels look bad, so that you will their HD programming & hardware.

BTW, ESPN SD had the same problems with tonights game.

Have you seen of the games? At times you can not even read the name of the players on the jersey. I did notice that the commercials looked fine.

Am glad am jumping onto HD tommorrow!

if I bought the nba league pass right now would i get nba tv then not pay for the league pass until next season starts??

Sorry, I was watching it in glorious HD. I would blame Dish, not TNT. Most SD channels on Dish are blurry.

DarrellP said:
Sorry, I was watching it in glorious HD. I would blame Dish, not TNT. Most SD channels on Dish are blurry.

I also caught the games in HD.. WOW what a difference, but it looks like TNT is still tweaking things. It seems that the PQ is getting better with each passing game, but then it could be me. However, There seems to be a lot of pass passing through. I can feel ever clank of the rim. Seems that they have some Audio tweaking to do. the Base is way too high!!!

As for SD on my 60" screen Sports has never been the best content to watch. With all the movement it really messes with compression and the result is PQ loss. I am sure it looks horriable on your Projector, but my guess is it would not look any better with DirecTVs offering.

That's why I stick with just HD & DVD now. With Voom, Dish HD Pack and OTA, I now have 35 HD channels at my fingertips. There must be SOMETHING on to watch without resorting to SD. LOL

DarrellP said:
That's why I stick with just HD & DVD now. With Voom, Dish HD Pack and OTA, I now have 35 HD channels at my fingertips. There must be SOMETHING on to watch without resorting to SD. LOL
:haha

Did you notice that the the Laker/Wolves game was a bit heavy on the bass?

WeeJavaDude said:
:haha

Did you notice that the the Laker/Wolves game was a bit heavy on the bass?
Yeah, I have bass shakers under my couch and it's a weird feeling to have my butt vibrate everytime they make a basket. :eek:

I too notice that the sound needed tweaking. The on the court noise overcomes the commentators. I finally got my 811 yesterday, when I was watching the game on ESPN & ESPN HD, I had them PIP side by side, I noticed that the HD feed was a few seconds ahead of the SD feed. Seems to me that the SD feeds are geeting downconverted on the fly, thus the reason for the blurriness. Of course an sure that's not the only reason.

which direction does 119/110 face?

superdish loses signal when it storms or rains

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)