My Network TV HD?

Deuce_1982

Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Is My Network TV in HD on Dish yet? Just wondering because ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS are and would like to know.

AFAIK, myNetworkTV is not available nationally and is only available with a local channel package. Thus you would have to look on the Dish Network website, plug in your address/zip code to get the list of locals available in your market and see what's available in HD.

Dish doesn't have it in my area in HD, but my cable company does (and I get it OTA).

There's no reason for them to, though. My cable co has to carry it as part of their agreement to carry Fox (owned by same company I guess).

Because there's only a small amount of HD on the channel. Commercials. None of the shows are in HD, even if they were filmed that way. But they do have HD commercials.

Here in the Champaign, IL DMA, I think Dish carries the MyNetwork (MyCFN?) in SD, but the digital OTA version also seems to be SD only. Boo!

Dish doesn't have it in my area in HD, but my cable company does (and I get it OTA).

There's no reason for them to, though. My cable co has to carry it as part of their agreement to carry Fox (owned by same company I guess).

Because there's only a small amount of HD on the channel. Commercials. None of the shows are in HD, even if they were filmed that way. But they do have HD commercials.

That is probably your station then, when they used to show that show with bo derek and morgan fairchild, Fashion house or something like that, it was in hd on the new orleans mynet.
Starting in october, WWE smackdown switches to mynet tv in HD

Suck-A-Tomato (Sacramento) has MyNetwork in HD on DISH. It must be in the contract to carry the NBC feed as it seems all the services carry both.

MyNetworkTV has many but not all of its movies in HD, Under One roof is in HD. My local MNTV didn't get cable carriage in HD until they added Suns games in HD.

SEC football, Raycom, Atlanta market....

Proof that MPEG-4 saves bandwidth/storage space?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts