My brand new hopper with sling. Is it already effed?

satanwannabe

Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
I got my new hopper with sling installed friday, and had some 05 errors on a pair of recordings that would not stop, and weren't accessible on saturday. I have seen reference on here of this problem, so I restarted it and it behaved fine the rest of the night and sunday.

Tonight, while recording PTAT and two other recordings going- one worked (I was watching it live too) and one failed, with a 05 error code again. I found another recording subsequent did the same thing. Not wanting to screw up my PTAT (several things I wanted to watch), I didn't restart until after PTAT was done. Everything the PTAT was "recording" from 8 pm until about 930 doesn't exist. The file is there, and the hopper thinks it's there, but I had blank screens with no audio for that entire time. The few items that were in that window had less than a minute of content, and then nothing. I did not have 05 errors on the PTAT recordings, but I did have one tell me I lost signal, which is BS.

Pardon my language, but I'm annoyed and having nasty flashbacks to when I had my very very early 522 and its software growing pains.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

-nick

I got my new hopper with sling installed friday, and had some 05 errors on a pair of recordings that would not stop, and weren't accessible on saturday. I have seen reference on here of this problem, so I restarted it and it behaved fine the rest of the night and sunday.

Tonight, while recording PTAT and two other recordings going- one worked (I was watching it live too) and one failed, with a 05 error code again. I found another recording subsequent did the same thing. Not wanting to screw up my PTAT (several things I wanted to watch), I didn't restart until after PTAT was done. Everything the PTAT was "recording" from 8 pm until about 930 doesn't exist. The file is there, and the hopper thinks it's there, but I had blank screens with no audio for that entire time. The few items that were in that window had less than a minute of content, and then nothing. I did not have 05 errors on the PTAT recordings, but I did have one tell me I lost signal, which is BS.

Pardon my language, but I'm annoyed and having nasty flashbacks to when I had my very very early 522 and its software growing pains.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

-nick
That sounds like a problem with the box. Call dish and have them send you a new one. There are some software bugs in the hoppers, but not to that extent, I think you got one that has a lemon of a hard drive.

Yeah, sounds like the drive to me. I had similar issues with the 922 before I upgraded.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not surprised there were problems Friday evening. It takes 24 hours for the Hopper's epg to be properly updated. So anything Friday evening could be messed up. However, if you are still having problems 24 hours after install, you may have a problem./

What is up with Fox Movie Channel? Cropped instead of reduced?

Dish 2 Year Contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts