My 622 died 2 hours before the supper bowl....

Pat A

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Anchorage, AK
My 622 died 2 hours before the super bowl....

Well my owned 622 died while I was watching a recording a couple hours before the game. I tried several soft and hard reboots to no avail. I ended up pulling the 612 out of the bedroom for the game, but now I need to figure out what to do with my new doorstop.
I have been thinking about upgrading to the 922 for a while, so I will likely pull the trigger on that, but I am looking for any advice as to what to do about the 622 since it is owned, not leased....

Last edited:
Perhaps I can help you on this. What is it doing or not doing? Is it completely dead (no power) or is it giving HDD error messages? Also, ownership is not necessarily a bad thing (especially if you have the SP).

Personally, an upgrade may be in order and there may or may not be fees associated with that option. If you want, I could take a look and thing give you ALL the options available to you. Just PM me a phone number and I can check very quickly.

Good thing you had backup for the game! Personally I was watching OTA (in HD) with my DVR (not HD) also running so I could switch over to see commercials I had missed.

If you have the service plan Dish will fix your 622 (well exchange it and you still own the exchanged unit). Dish also has a fixed price fee if you do not want to get the service plan. You can sell your fixed 622 on ebay. It will sell for a lot better price fixed than broken ;)

Dish Network Total House DVR?

Could Dish create a non-premium movie package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)