Multiswitch, access card, and HD ?'s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djpcamacho

Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
I have 2 cable outlets in my house and I have a Triple LNB dish. I have 2 receivers set up with DTV already. Is there any way for me to set up a 3rd receiver that can be showing different channels on its own without having to drill another hole in my wall?

Also, I have never had a phone line connected to my receivers. There has to be some way you can clear a full access card without plugging in the phone line and getting charged for PPVs that I've ordered on the card.

If I buy an HD box off of eBay do I have to subscribe to the $11/month service to get tv in high definition or is this a scam to get more money? I already pay DTV $100/month for the Premium package I really don't want to add another $11. Thanks so much for your time everyone. Sorry for any repeat questions I am new here and the FAQ sticky on this forum has a bunch of dead links so I couldn't read those.

Happy Holidays!
Janet

djpcamacho said:
I have 2 cable outlets in my house and I have a Triple LNB dish. I have 2 receivers set up with DTV already. Is there any way for me to set up a 3rd receiver that can be showing different channels on its own without having to drill another hole in my wall?
Also, I have never had a phone line connected to my receivers. There has to be some way you can clear a full access card without plugging in the phone line and getting charged for PPVs that I've ordered on the card.
If I buy an HD box off of eBay do I have to subscribe to the $11/month service to get tv in high definition or is this a scam to get more money? I already pay DTV $100/month for the Premium package I really don't want to add another $11. Thanks so much for your time everyone. Sorry for any repeat questions I am new here and the FAQ sticky on this forum has a bunch of dead links so I couldn't read those.
Happy Holidays!
Janet
You need at least 1 cable per receiver from the dish to the receiver, drill that hole or live with two receivers.

Don't be cheap you ordered the pay per view plug a phone line in overnight and pay for them.

If you want HD you need a source of the signal, premium movies, HD pak or over the air TV signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTV receiver

HTL-HD locked. Any way around this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)