Multiple Discounts Allowed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quirkykarma

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
There's a long story that lead me to ask this question, the gist of it is that I had problems with Directv after installation concerning getting the Bellsouth Bundle Discount; and they ended up giving me $10 off for a year. When I finally got everything straightened out we were getting the $10 discount and the $5 BS Bundle Discount, and everything was fine for about 5 months......

Then on the Nov bill the $5 Bundle discount disappeared, and the response I got from Directv was that I needed to contact Bellsouth. I e-mailed BS and was informed that my discount should reappear within 2 billing cycles, and the discount hasn't come back as of yet......

I called BS today and the CS person that I spoke to called Directv on my behalf while I was on hold, and they told her that I couldn't get both the $10 discount and the $5 BS Bundle Discount at the same time. Is this true? Has anyone else been told this by Directv?

I should also add that before when I had trouble originally with the BS Discount, Directv said I didn't qualify because I wasn't spending the minimum of $44.99 to get the BS Discount because of the discount people get when they don't have locals available. I thought I'd have to upgrade to the TC Plus, but before I could do that the BS Discount started appearing on my bill; and then it disappeared like I said before on the Nov bill.....

Hope I made sense.........:eek:

There's a long story that lead me to ask this question, the gist of it is that I had problems with Directv after installation concerning getting the Bellsouth Bundle Discount; and they ended up giving me $10 off for a year. When I finally got everything straightened out we were getting the $10 discount and the $5 BS Bundle Discount, and everything was fine for about 5 months......

Then on the Nov bill the $5 Bundle discount disappeared, and the response I got from Directv was that I needed to contact Bellsouth. I e-mailed BS and was informed that my discount should reappear within 2 billing cycles, and the discount hasn't come back as of yet......

I called BS today and the CS person that I spoke to called Directv on my behalf while I was on hold, and they told her that I couldn't get both the $10 discount and the $5 BS Bundle Discount at the same time. Is this true? Has anyone else been told this by Directv?

I should also add that before when I had trouble originally with the BS Discount, Directv said I didn't qualify because I wasn't spending the minimum of $44.99 to get the BS Discount because of the discount people get when they don't have locals available. I thought I'd have to upgrade to the TC Plus, but before I could do that the BS Discount started appearing on my bill; and then it disappeared like I said before on the Nov bill.....

Hope I made sense.........:eek:

There has been quite a bit of confusion between the two companies over this discount. I went around in circles with them for months, over this. I had the month BS discount, then it disappeared last September.

After making many calls to D* and BS, as to why it went away, in December I was told that BS changed the rules and I no longer qualified for the discount. I checked the BS Bundles page and sure enough I didn't. It was gone. My January bill comes and low and behold the discount is back on it. So I go to the BS Bundles page to see how this happened and yes once again, I see the qualifications have changed and I once again qualify, for the discount.

I think that it had something to do with the merging of BS, ATT and Cingular, and they finally got it ironed out. And yes, I have gotten it along with other DirecTV programing discounts. Not sure what other discounts you are referring to, but with BS bundles you have either a $5, $10 or $15 discount. Not a $5 and $10.

You their current savings on their bundle packages at: http://www.bellsouth.com/consumer/answers/monthly_savings_grid2.html

The $10 a mo discount is from Directv , the Retention Dept. issued it after I called them due to trouble that I was having; so in my mind it's separate from the $5 Bundle Discount that we're getting from Bellsouth.......When the CS Agent at Bellsouth called Directv on my behalf they told her that the two discounts were not separate and that we could only have one or the other........

lou_do what do you think of Bellsouth's Triple Choice bundle that they are offering for $99?

The $10 a mo discount is from Directv , the Retention Dept. issued it after I called them due to trouble that I was having; so in my mind it's separate from the $5 Bundle Discount that we're getting from Bellsouth.......When the CS Agent at Bellsouth called Directv on my behalf they told her that the two discounts were not separate and that we could only have one or the other........

I would call D*, because I know of many cases where they have offered both discounts. If you really doubt their answer, ask to talk to a supervisor.

lou_do what do you think of Bellsouth's Triple Choice bundle that they are offering for $99?
Looks like a good deal. I have all services except for their long distance. Can't see double paying for long distance when I have a cell phone that I can use more cost effectively.

I receive a $10 credit for a year and a $10 credit for six months. They both appear on my Directv bill. Both were for very poor installations.

GAH!!!!! :mad:

Just got off the phone with Directv, and the person I spoke to said that she wasn't able to answer my question about the multiple discounts and that another dept that could answer my question will call me back in 3 to 5 business days.....I don't have time or enough patience at this point to wait 3 to 5 days to get an answer to a simple question.......I want to go with the Triple Choice Plan from Bellsouth, and because of what the Directv person told the BS Rep yesterday about 2 discounts not being allowed, BS is refusing me the right to purchase the Triple Choice Plan....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AT9 install question

Zinwell WB68 Multiswitch Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)