Multi Switch question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slinky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I need to supply a DirecTivo with 2 sat leads, I also need to feed a separate sat receiver. The question is....can I do this without using a multi switch by getting a multihead LNB? Right now I have a round dish supplying 2 leads. I'd prefer to replace the dish and LNB rather than getting a multi switch.
Thanks much
slink

slacker9876 said:
Yes you can, the triple LNB dish allows for up to 4 runs.

So, just to make sure that i understand this.....i can run the lines to 4 different satellite receivers and the can all be watching different channels, on different satelites?

slinky said:
So, just to make sure that i understand this.....i can run the lines to 4 different satellite receivers and the can all be watching different channels, on different satelites?
Yes the multiswitch is built into the dish. Of course the existing dish has to be replaced and the new dish has to be aimed for the three satellites. :)

boba said:
Yes the multiswitch is built into the dish. Of course the existing dish has to be replaced and the new dish has to be aimed for the three satellites. :)

OK, much thanks....
Gonna start looking on eBay. What should I know about getting a tripple LNB dish? Are there units that are passe, etc.?
Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with Phase III install

could someone tell me something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)