MPEG4 upgradeable?

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
Are any of the *E* receivers MPEG4 upgradeable? 811? If not, do you think they will offer us current subs a cheap or free upgrade?

mailman390 said:
Are any of the *E* receivers MPEG4 upgradeable? 811? If not, do you think they will offer us current subs a cheap or free upgrade?
1. No.

2. No.

3. That's the $64,000 question. If they say yes, then they might be able to move some 942's.

They have mentioned giving their existing subscribers some sort of upgrade option but who knows what the cost will be.

dodge said:
Thats why I leased my 811 from dish, if they go mpeg 4 for hdtv, They will have to replace or upgrade my box because it is on a lease.

Yeah but how much will we have to pay up front for this lease?

dodge said:
Thats why I leased my 811 from dish, if they go mpeg 4 for hdtv, They will have to replace or upgrade my box because it is on a lease.
As a Vulcan would say your logic is faulty, The MPEG2 receivers will continue to receive the current channels so a free upgrade is not mandatory. DISH has a very poor history on upgrades. The 6000 receiver needed 8VSB and 8PSK modules added to make them functional, some customers paid several hundred dollars for the upgrades and those that bought when DISH was trying to unload the 6000 were given the upgrades FREE. To lease the 942 DISH wants the customer to front DISH $250.00 probably the actual cost of the receiver, but the customer will never own the equipment and will always be responsible for returning or replacing the receiver. How many cable companies require their customers to pay upfront for a High Definition DVR leased from them???? :)

I stay with DISH just for their international channels, if you need HD DVR etc, simply go with cable and you are getting a much better deal.

How to Get 121 in buffalo

811 with 282 software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)