moving receiver

sean p

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I have a cottage in northern Michigan and want to know... Can I mount a dish on the cottage and just bring my home receiver with me on weekends to access channels? Thanks.

it might send a signal to Dish and since the phone number at the cabin isnt the same as on file, dish might think you are "account sharing" which is illegal

sean...welcome to SatellitegUYs! :wave
do you have locals right now? If so, which locals do you get?

(reason I ask is some locals are on a Superdish which is different than a Dish500)

That is, if your new dish is different from the one that you have at your home. The difference would be SuperDish vs. Dish500 or if you have a Dish500 with sw-21 switch at one place and a twin at another or if you have DishPro lnbf's at one location and legacy at the other or Dish300 at one place and something else at another location.

To sum it up: To avoid problems, make SURE your 2nd location has an IDENTICAL configuration to the 1st place.

Even without a SD supplying your locals, they might be on a spotbeam that is not accessible from the 2nd location. Without knowing your 1st location's DMA, and maybe a more accurate 2nd location, we can't help you there.

Legacy setup and 921/942

DPP+ and legacy receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)