Mother's Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
You know, I really do Love my Mom. She's special to me for more reason's than just being my Mom. When I was a kid, she made the most awesome German pancakes every Saturday morning, with green apples sliced thin and baked inside the batter and true homemade maple syrup to pour on top (and the syrup was hot - not cold and out of a squeeze bottle from the refrigerator). My Mom brought me these pancakes and even French Toast with cinnamon and sugar (also made totally from scratch) to me in front of the Saturday morning cartoons or Sunday Morning Hopalong Cassidy shows!

I made clay soldiers and filled the dining room table with cannons and tanks and tents and fortresses and little soldiers and all that was allowed to stand there for days until my imaginary battle was over.

When I was in junior high school, Mom sat at the same family dining table with me and went over my math homework with me until I understood it. If I was frustrated, she consoled me and made popcorn. Oh! Popcorn, made in a pressure cooker bottom with real butter and real salt on Saturday night to watch Creature Feature with Dr. Sanguinary!

When a gang of the older and bigger guys in Junior High School and I had a beef, and the wrestling coach called my Mom to warn her that I was about to get my ass kicked, she had confidence in me and told the coach that "He can handle himself" and she believed it. I think that she was actually so assured that the coach believed her. He certainly wasn't going to argue the point with her too far!

I grew older and was rowdy and did lots of stupid things. We partied and got hit by a train and my Mom STILL was by my side. Covered in broken glass and blood and 175 stitches, my Mom stood by me (even though her first instinct was that I got into a drunken brawl on a Friday night).

My goodness, I didn't realize how much my Mom really loved me! I took it for granted all those years and although I told her that I loved her, I don't think I really ever said it right. I don't think that I can ever say it right. How can a man, a person, ever really tell their Mom or their Dad how much love and respect they really and truly feel for them and want to present to them?

The best way would be to become a promising student, a good husband, an exemplary father and a pillar of society. I may have missed a few of these opportunities. But, I finally understand. I want to say that I love you, Mom!

From me, your son. Happy Mother's Day.

Gordy

I love my mom too. Our dad just passed away less than a week ago and this Mothers day will mean more than usual to me. One of the last things I had do was sign a Mothers Day card for mom. His writing wasn't really legible but it's the thought that counts. If you still have your mom and/or your dad spend as much time as you can with them. One day those memories are gonna be precious..Blind

This will be my first Mother's day without Mom. Dad passed away in November 2009, and Mom followed him last August. I guess after 57 years together she didn't want to live without him. As Blind said, spend time with them while you can.

Don't forget to honor your Mother, time is running short! She deserves to be honored for all the diapers she changed on you! And all the times she spent while you were sick, nursing you back to health and waiting on you hand and foot. Sunday is her day, do something for your Mom so that she realizes you appreciate her and Love her.

From me to you. If you are a Mom or for your Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

Gordy (RADAR)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acquired a BUD (finally)

Musical LNBF's...... what one should I choose....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)