Moteck SG2100 Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
The SG2100 DiSEqC motor mount is a low cost unit that lets you move your dish from one satellite to another or across the whole Clarke belt, it can move 70 degrees E and W of your true south position. It was a breeze to set up, if you take the time and care to get the pole or mast as plumb and level as you possibly can an extra five minutes spent here can save you 50 minutes later in the project, the manual is not the greatest but the angles to set the mount and the antenna declination are all included, to assist in the set up there is now an easy to read document that you can look at, it will save a lot of time and really helps in the installation. (see below)

The first time I installed one it took about an hour I now have it down to about fifteen minutes including a scan of the arc. On the whole its the next best thing to a blind search receiver and has saved many trips to the roof to re-point in the middle of winter. Talking about winter, if the dish gets covered in snow I motorize round into the sun and it soon melts off, another trick is to motor the dish to the far East or West when the wind picks up and it lowers the profile of the antenna system. There is also no need to run any more cables to power the motor as it runs off the single RG6 cable that runs from the DiSEqC 1.2 receiver, I have had mine for a year now and would not consider doing without one I still get a kick out of it every time I see my dish tilt and swing to the east and west.

DiSEqC 1.2 MOTORIZED H-H Mount
Fits Winegard 76cm dishes and Hotdish 30"
Special Design for any Receiver with DiSEqC 1.2
Only One Coaxial Cable Control
Go To X Function
High Efficiency
Compact Structure
Ultra Low Noise
Adjustable Hardware Limits
Easy Installation with LED Indicator
Manual EAST / WEST button
For Dish up to 1.2M

Specification:
Model SG2100
Antenna Diameter 1.2M Max.
Azimuth Angle 70?EAST ~ 70?WEST ( 140? ) Adjustable
Elevation Angle 25?~75?
Input / Output Voltage 13 / 18 VDC
Power Consumption 50 mA ( Standby mode )
200 mA ( Normal)
350 mA ( Max.)

Rotation Speed 1.9? / sec ( at 13V) ; 2.5 ?/ sec ( at 18V)
Satellite Positions 60
Connector F Type
Command Protocol DiSEqC 1.2
Resynchronize Function YES
Goto Position 0 Function YES
Goto X Function YES
Positioning Sensor High Resolution Hall Effect Sensor
EAST / WEST Limit Adjustable Hardware and Programmable Software
Manual Button EAST / WEST
Indicating LED YES
color status indication
Green On Power On; Standby Mode
Orange Blink Receiving DiSEqC 1.2 Commands/ Reset Mode
Orange On Error Message: Over Current / Hardware Limit

Tube size for antenna 55x160mm
Stand size 35~65mm

Attachments

• Pict0132.JPG
    Pict0132.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 1,068
Last edited:
I have one of the SG2100s too.
It's built like a tank, quiet and apparently it's the fastest motor for moving between birds.
I reckon it has to be the easiest motor to set up as it has a button on the motor itself to swing it East or West with a signal meter inline making it a breeze to hit your true South bird.

This will be my first (Newbie) motor install.

I got the mast bolted up this afternoon. I had to elongate the holes a little on the mast to get the arm to plumb and level. Tomorrow I will probably mount the motor and try to get it pointing due S.

So far I think I have about 15 minutes involved in assembly and mounting.

Will let you know how the rest goes.

Motorized dish and G10

Hi fellas!!!

I have a motorized SG2100 and I have no trouble finding any satellite overhead. Now this motor is supposed to have horizon to horizon coverage but I can't seem to get G10. When it is pointed in the direction it looks like it is shooting throught the neighbor's fence.

Has anyone been successful with using a motorized dish to get G10? I live in Jacksonville Florida.

Thanks....

MrM

The fence may be the problem, I get G10 no problem with my SG2100, in fact I get a lot further to the west, way past 148W, I guess it depends where you are in the country also.

Pete installed one for me about 3 months ago and I love it!

Where I live I can motor from 34.5W all the way to 148 (of course, this takes a bathroom break to move that far) :)

Pictures of Sg2100 Install

Some close ups of the SG2100 Motor Mount......

Attachments

• Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 2,467
  • Pict0007.JPG
    Pict0007.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 2,007
  • Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,604
  • Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • Pict0003.JPG
    Pict0003.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,479
How much is one of these mounts?

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and he told me hes cutting down the big tree which is blocking my view of the arc. :)

I am so excited.

Also what receivers can drive this H to H properly? I have been looing at the Pansat deal.

Scott Greczkowski said:
How much is one of these mounts?

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and he told me hes cutting down the big tree which is blocking my view of the arc. :)

Those are the best neighbors to have :)

Also what receivers can drive this H to H properly? I have been looing at the Pansat deal.

Pansat 2500
Pansat 1500
Satworks 3688
BEC 2000

It has to have "DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS" to drive a motor
1.2 you have to move it
USALS automatically moves the dish :)

He's cutting it down because it has some big dead limbs, and because he is worried that a good storm may knock it on his house, he figures instead of paying the guy to remove the dead limbs it would cost about the same to remove the entire tree. :)

Hmm wonder if my wife will let me put my C Band dish back up in the front yard. :D

I like the SG2100. I've been using it now for a little over 12 hours and it makes pointing a SNAP!. With USALS it knows right where to go. :D

No extra wires to run, it is controlled right thru the RG-6. :cool:

Before I got my dbs dishes I watched the "backhaul" feeds all the time :) It was a novelty to see a program a few days in advance... saturdays was when they fed STng and then ST ds9 for the next week, I have a stereo adaptor that you had to tune left and right in with and then figure out if it was Hi or Lo :) (mode)

Backhauls are great, I am just getting into them as I now have an analog box (thanks Tony) So much still on there!
What about a C band dish in a bucket?????? That MAY work : )

I used to take apart my actuator when I had one in the UK, cleaned out the brushes... and it worked like new again, it would work extra fast for a few weeks then start to slow down again, but they are repairable, sometimes!

PSB said:
I used to take apart my actuator when I had one in the UK, cleaned out the brushes... and it worked like new again, it would work extra fast for a few weeks then start to slow down again, but they are repairable, sometimes!
Did not think about cleaning the brushes, Doh :) might work as they were both kicking the HTS tracker 2 box out.

I used to have to pour hot water over mine to work sometimes, or the old WD40 trick also worked, I was sorry to leave my actuator behind, I had mine connected to a 12v power supply and my old satellite friend (RIP Larry) made me up a reversible toggle switch to motor E and W, no positioner back then but it worked a treat with analog satellite.

PSB said:
I used to have to pour hot water over mine to work sometimes, or the old WD40 trick also worked, I was sorry to leave my actuator behind, I had mine connected to a 12v power supply and my old satellite friend (RIP Larry) made me up a reversible toggle switch to motor E and W, no positioner back then but it worked a treat with analog satellite.
That's an Idea, Ive got all the stuff needed to try them. I can get my deep cycle camper batterys some old speaker wire and a toggle switch and hook up right at the dish :) get my tent tv(9" color 12 volt) and my uniden ust 4200 or my GI 2400 and try :)

Great, let us know if you get it all to work, where there is a will there is a way : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Universal LNB frequencies question

Universal LNB set up ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts