MLB Extra Innings 2009 Pricing / Renewals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good news and bad news (for some) according to Satellite racer.

Good news is that there WILL be even MORE HD games this year than last year (last year we had a lot of HD games) and they will still have duel feeds.

Bad news is that it does not look like the game mix channel will be included this year. This is not definite, but it does not look good.

Dodger,

I agree, I'd sure like to see the Game Mix channel for MLB. I use that channel often in the NFL pkg. But you're right about the good news...more HD's & home/home feeds = :up

Thanks for the info. btw, I've seen a few Dodger games at Dodger Sta during some trips to LA from Dallas. Nice sta to watch a game.

The game mix channel was great for those few times that your game, ie: the Pirates game may be blacked out or unavailable here in Columbus at times, then you could actually see it on the game mix channel.

The game mix channel was great for those few times that your game, ie: the Pirates game may be blacked out or unavailable here in Columbus at times, then you could actually see it on the game mix channel.
Which is probably one reason why it may not be available this year. Remember, MLB has to give the provider permission to carry channels like this. If people are watching out of market blackout games via Game Mix, MLB may not like that.

Is there any way to get a rough guess of how many Red Sox games in HD would be received in Wisconsin? Is it more like 20 or 50 or 80?

Red Sox, since it comes from NESN, 150+. Almost all of them if you count the FOX/ESPN/TBS games, assuming you get the fox ones during the regional. Seriously though, you'll get almost all of them in HD.

I hope they offer ALL Phillies home games HD via Comcast Sports Net (since they finally allowed rebroadcast last year!)

Hmmm ... 150 Red Sox HD games for $180. A $1.20 a game. Hmmm

I've never sub'ed to a professional league sports package before, but this could happen. Did sub to ESPN College football about 5 years ago for 1 season.

Hmmm ... 150 Red Sox HD games for $180. A $1.20 a game. Hmmm

I've never sub'ed to a professional league sports package before, but this could happen. Did sub to ESPN College football about 5 years ago for 1 season.

At the very least picture quality difference will be tremendous. NESN has one of the best/cleanest HD signals of any of the HD sports nets.

While the D* MLB EI package looks good, so does the MLB.TV internet option. $110 for the year, HD picture if you have good bandwidth, built-in DVR functionality, picture in picture, available from any computer (take it with you when you travel), and more.

The option of watching something on TV, browsing around the web, and having a game (or two) open in windows on my screen, is attractive.

They've added some nice enhancements to this service for '09. I like the archives too, where you go to watch any game, even locally blacked out games, 45 minutes after they end. Or watch a highlight reel from any game.

MLB.TV - Watch Live Out-of-Market Baseball, TV-Quality Streaming Video | MLB.com: Subscriptions

Last edited:
MLB.tv is very cool, I usually get it in fact.

First time back using DirecTV in years though and planning on giving The Extra Innings package a try.

You can't go wrong with MLB.TV though imho.

While the D* MLB EI package looks good, so does the MLB.TV internet option. $110 for the year, HD picture if you have good bandwidth, built-in DVR functionality, picture in picture, available from any computer (take it with you when you travel), and more.

The option of watching something on TV, browsing around the web, and having a game (or two) open in windows on my screen, is attractive.

MLB.TV - Watch Live Out-of-Market Baseball, TV-Quality Streaming Video | MLB.com: Subscriptions

I wasn't that thrilled about MLB.TV, even last year. For me I guess nothing can replace watching my WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES on the big screen!

Last edited:

They've added some nice enhancements to this service for '09. I like the archives too, where you go to watch any game, even locally blacked out games, 45 minutes after they end. Or watch a highlight reel from any game.

Watching the Red Sox on an HD setup beats any computer package all to hell.
You will get the home announcers most of the time and usually a great signal from NESN. I do wish we could get a little post game and pre game.

Watching the Red Sox on an HD setup beats any computer package all to hell.
You will get the home announcers most of the time and usually a great signal from NESN. I do wish we could get a little post game and pre game.

I like two teams the Twins and Red So:mad:Dates back to Fred Lynn). I watched a lot of them on Charter MLBEI last year. Now with Direct and having a 37" HDTV I cant wait. I have watched many Bruins games. As others have stated NESN HD is one of the best pictures.

I like some of the features of MLB.tv, but NOTHING can beat watching a game on 120" in HD. There's no internet bandwith good enough to make that look good, well, where I live anyway.

This will be my 3rd year with EI, and I can't wait. GO CUBS GO!

My 47" HDTV is about 8' from my viewing position. My 22" WS monitor is about 32" from me. Relative to my viewing position, my monitor has a larger relative image size.

I have them setup so that my HDTV is directly in front of me, and my monitor is just to the right of it.

What attracts me to MLB.TV is that I could have a movie on my TV while having a ballgame on my monitor, with the sound on the monitor set to low or mute.

Will have to give this some thought. Both have their advantages.

If you do that you might miss out on one of lifes simple pleasures, falling asleep during a baseball game. The movie might keep you awake. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Transition.. Will D* Update OTAs?

Forcing a new national software release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts