Missing Smart Card in ViP722k

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I'm getting Dish installed this coming Monday,so I was setting up my 2 ViP722k's so that they would be ready to activate after my dish was set up. Both of my 722k's were purchased through eBay brand new & still in their cellophane wrappers. Unfortunately,the 722k that has the missing smart card was purchased a year ago by me & I'd been sitting on it(still sealed in its cellophane wrapper) until I could afford to cut down the trees blocking my LOS for Dish. Well anyway,is it possible to be able to get a replacement smart card? I planned on activating that box later anyway,I obviously just need a new smart card. My other 722k is alright,it has a G3 smart card. Oh one other thing,I have no LOS for 129,so I'm (hopefully) going with an Eastern Arc setup with a wing dish to catch my locals on 119.

Yes; you should be able to hit the menu button twice and get to the info screen.

Plug in your 722K, press MENU - MENU. If your SMART CARD ID starts with S19, you're good to go, as long as the previous owner (if any) paid their bills.

I'm getting Dish installed this coming Monday,so I was setting up my 2 ViP722k's so that they would be ready to activate after my dish was set up. Both of my 722k's were purchased through eBay brand new & still in their cellophane wrappers. Unfortunately,the 722k that has the missing smart card was purchased a year ago by me & I'd been sitting on it(still sealed in its cellophane wrapper) until I could afford to cut down the trees blocking my LOS for Dish. Well anyway,is it possible to be able to get a replacement smart card? I planned on activating that box later anyway,I obviously just need a new smart card. My other 722k is alright,it has a G3 smart card. Oh one other thing,I have no LOS for 129,so I'm (hopefully) going with an Eastern Arc setup with a wing dish to catch my locals on 119.

If you would like to PM me with the R00 & S19 numbers listed on the back panel of the receiver, I can check and make sure the embedded smartcard is sufficient.

I have to put a wall mounted A/V shelf to hold the 722k in question. As soon as I do that,I'll plug it in to check it out & report back the results. Both 722k's smart card starts with S19 according to the label on the box of each of them.

Mary 722k's are all built in smart cards. No internal smart cards have been replaced in them.

Receivers that were in customers home before 2009 needed to have the G3 replacement smart cards inserted to continue to receive programming, including 722k's. The change rendered all the internal smart cards activated prior to 2009 inactive. When the receiver is returned to us as an RA or disabled unit, the internal smart card would be updated.

Receivers that were in customers home before 2009 needed to have the G3 replacement smart cards inserted to continue to receive programming, including 722k's. The change rendered all the internal smart cards activated prior to 2009 inactive. When the receiver is returned to us as an RA or disabled unit, the internal smart card would be updated.
From the OP's 1st post. brand new & still in their cellophane wrappers.

Yeah, but nobody had a 722K before 2009 :) .

Ok,I checked the smart card number on the affected 722k & it said the correct number plus -65 at the end of the smart card number. It also stated the obvious that the signal I was getting was not from a satellite.

I just wanted to let everybody know,including both Mary & Matt at the DIRT team that I got Dish network all setup & running. The tech somehow found a signal for 129 so I'm set up on Western Arc.The receiver that I was concerned about for not having a card in the slot gave me no trouble whatsoever starting up & running. The other receiver that had the card in the slot,well the factory forgot to take it out of test mode when they shipped it out & that confused & bewildered the tech to no end. So finally after he went through his supervisor & then calling Dish directly,& moving up the chain there,he was told to to reset the receiver to factory default & then it started downloading data & I'm watching it right now. If I had put that receiver in the back room instead of the one without the card,it would have been me pulling my hair out instead of the tech. But now both boxes are up & running. I want to thank both Mary & especially Matt of the DIRT team for their support in helping me get Dish set up & running. The tech was very knowledgeable in setting up my equipment but he wasn't used to having the receivers AND satellite dish already there for him to set up,AND he wasn't used to having the coaxial cable already set up in the home ready for hook up. It helped save him time & steps,& even though he was apprehensive at first,he was thankful for me doing it.

Official authorized Dish retailers?

510 Reciever, Panel Locked and New Remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)