Missing most of my channels downstairs

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Could someone help me figure this out? I have dish network 500. I got it about two years ago. But just lately, like the beginning of this year, my channels started going away. I get that error message that it can't find the signal. But here comes the weird part, I can get most of my channels upstairs, but not all. And I can only get a handful of channels downstairs. I had someone look at it today and they think the LNBF is bad on the dish. What do you guys think? And another weird thing is like upstairs if I get that signal error message thing all I have to do is go into the guide menu and move up and down a little bit and usually it locks on to the signal. But I can't do that at all downstairs. It's very annoying. If any of you have and idea what this could be please help.:no

Check all of your cable connections. Sounds like poor connectors, improper placement of components or drip loops.

As a long term dbs installer and troubleshooter, this is your most likely problem.

A drip loop is a loop that is place in the wire before a connection such as at a switch or ground block. This allows the water to drip to the bottom of that loop before it has the chance of getting to the connection at the switch or ground block.

S

DISH Network Satellite Television Brings Local Channels To Lubbock Texas

S

Dow drops 107.88 to close at 9 894.45

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts