13.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Pict0003.JPG
    Pict0003.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 173
Them dishes look comfy.

Is that something that keeps snow off while still allowing the signal to pass through (twice)? I'm a little :confused:.

That's a neat site. It answered my previous question, thanks. :) I figured those dishes were receive only... my "twice" meant the signal passes through the blanket on its way from the satellite to the dish, then again reflected from the dish to the LNB. ;) And according to that site, "the attenuation is nil". :)

Now my second question, couldn't that radio station just leave those on year-round (your first post indicated they are for winter only)?

That's the first radio station ive seen that uses a cover, I guess they must want to keep their signals they receive from AMC3 or AMC7 coming in clear.

What satellites carry the radio broadcasts and syndicated shows? Are they in the clear? Are they mostly analog or digital? Are any of them KU band. I know of the stations on G10R and a lot of foreign programming is out there I guess I am more interested in feeds of syndicated programming and live syndicated shows.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
What satellites carry the radio broadcasts and syndicated shows? Are they in the clear? Are they mostly analog or digital? Are any of them KU band. I know of the stations on G10R and a lot of foreign programming is out there I guess I am more interested in feeds of syndicated programming and live syndicated shows.

Wholeshoe

None of the Syndicated shows are in the clear, they are all C Band and require the use of an authorized StarGuide receivers from Clear Channel or ABC or whatever Syndicated Network provider. All the ABC/Clear Channel/NSN/Premere/Infinity/WWI programming is at 137 and some of the salem stuff is at 87 and also on leased channels at 137.

Unforutallly none of its "FTA"

Oh and if you think E* and D* are bad about "phone line requirements" the Radio Networks REQUIRE their receivers hooked up to a POTS line or Network connection or they de-authorize!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Audio output

what would you do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)