Microyal thoughts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JeffGBailey

Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Well, I got my Microyal from PSB about a week ago and got it all hooked up. Here are a couple thoughts

-The manual has some info, but this site has more. There is a lot of words, but it doesn't make sense
-I always thought a master reset would erase everything. This one didnt because a whole bunch of weird channels were on there. It said Telestar 5.
-I do like you can erase one channel, or all within a satellite, or all of them (this was better than the master reset...delete all)
-The clock on this one seems to hold time real well. I even programmed it to turn on and change the channel.
-There is a guide, but it doesn't work :(
-Very easy to rename channels
-Can move channels around on the list, so you can move all the Spanish stuff top the bottom (If you are not bilingual)
-You can pick to scan either scrambled or free stuff. The scrambled has a big $ in it.

I hooked up my dish from where the networks are (123) and had to type in the info for each transponder. This was pretty easy. But once that was done, I scanned and had everything that is posted on Lyngsat and I had TV.

I had an old DirecTv dish and LNB, so I aimed that at Dish119 for the music channels. I read about other receivers putting all this garbage on your channel lists. Thankfully, this doesn't. The only problem was it put each audio channel twice and even three times in the list. (the delete came in real handy). It registered the channels as "TV Channel" and "Radio Channel"

So right now I have my dish at 123 and the Directv dish at Dish 119. I have to unplug the cable to switch, but I'll get a switch for that.

I'm real happy with the unit, and hope to get a motor soon to "scan the skies"

Thanks for taking time out for the review Jeff, I know you are busy. I have moved it to our review area, THANKS glad you are enjoying the receiver : )

Thanks for the info Jeff!

JeffGBailey said:
-I do like you can erase one channel, or all within a satellite, or all of them (this was better than the master reset...delete all)
I wish my Pansat had this option. I have to delete them one at a time
-The clock on this one seems to hold time real well. I even programmed it to turn on and change the channel.
I wish mine held time. Last night it was 3 hours behind :(
-There is a guide, but it doesn't work :(
The guide wont work in the US. In Europe it works
I had an old DirecTv dish and LNB, so I aimed that at Dish119 for the music channels. I read about other receivers putting all this garbage on your channel lists. Thankfully, this doesn't. The only problem was it put each audio channel twice and even three times in the list. (the delete came in real handy). It registered the channels as "TV Channel" and "Radio Channel"
Dish Network has the Muzak channels mapped in 2 spots, and in case of the spanish ones, 3 spots. Unfortunatelly it pick up them all. Mine at least shows it as "Radio 961", so I know which ones to delete
I'm real happy with the unit, and hope to get a motor soon to "scan the skies"
if you get a motor, let us know if it works. Myself and Pete (PSB) couldn't get the motor working.

Hey guys!

found something interesting with the receiver.

I programmed in the 2 big transponders on G10 (the ones that have most of the channels). But I wanted to set it up in order of the transponders. So I re-entered TP 1 with 11719. What this did was goof up my existing channels (11799 was transponder 1). It changed my channels setup as 11799 to 11719

weird....

Do the other receivers do that too? If you change stuff, it messes up.
I did delete the channels and re-scanned and now everything works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How do I find my True South Satellite?

New Guy issues with Fortec Star

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts