lyngsat has a screwup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
check out lyngsat listing for AMC-3 at 103W in a inclined orbit. Something got screwed up with the entering of SES 3?

Lyngsat is based in Europe, all information sent in is not checked as they have no way of verifying it over there, so they just post what they are sent in hopes that the info is legit.

When channels drop off or change formats you will notice them still listed there as they dont know of any changes unless someone tells them.

Hmmm, I didn't know LyngSat was European, now I can understand the inaccuracies posted there.

A see lot of posts where people refer to (and quote) LyngSat for learning and teaching, but I've
been frustrated by their errors many times in the past.

Why doesn't SatHint (dotcom) get more mention around here? I've been very happy with their format and
the accuracy of the info they display. I've had them bookmarked for over a year now!

I find they post updates quite soon after changes are made to down-link info, and, as I mentioned, the format
is very nice (I find) for ease of browsing the information.

Maybe a lot of you will tune-in to SatHint after reading about it, I think it outshines
LyngSat by several magnitudes!

Just my opinions, Cheers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Powermax Vbox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)