Loyalty Credit Expired

pmjones

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2022
Seattle
Hi I was getting 40/off per month. Does anyone know if such a discount is still available and what the best number to call might be?

Reactions: tanman
Hi I was getting 40/off per month. Does anyone know if such a discount is still available and what the best number to call might be?
Like charlesrhell said you can't get directly through ever since The Great Hack.866-974-3285 is a possible number. The front line CSR's might see if you bite on a weak $5 off offer.I'd say something like "My $40 off a month discount just ended-I need to talk to retention/loyalty to see what they can do."
The last time I called it seemed like they weren't quite as free wheeling with discounts-like a deal that ran one month might be different the month. Financial difficulties will do that.
Lets us now how it goes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Like charlesrhell said you can't get directly through ever since The Great Hack.866-974-3285 is a possible number. The front line CSR's might see if you bite on a weak $5 off offer.I'd say something like "My $40 off a month discount just ended-I need to talk to retention/loyalty to see what they can do."
The last time I called it seemed like they weren't quite as free wheeling with discounts-like a deal that ran one month might be different the month. Financial difficulties will do that.
Lets us now how it goes.

Yep so I called and "escaped" past the regular CSR to the boss battle CSR (lol) and Dish offered me a $35/month credit for a year. With 4 TVs and Top200 plus Dish Movie pack, it's like $ 130/month. I'll take it. Plus they gave me free Showtime for a few months. In this economy, I appreciate the effort from Dish to keep me.

I went thru this in February. When you call, tell the automated phone system you are calling to CANCEL. That routes you to Loyalty. When they pick up, tell them you are calling to cancel and it’s due to the increased rates. They will immediately renew your preferred customer promo. The deal isn’t as good anymore, but it’s still decent. I didn’t even need to reiterate I was calling to cancel, they asked me if I was looking to renew my discounted rates when they answered the phone. It was quick, easy, painless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went thru this in February. When you call, tell the automated phone system you are calling to CANCEL. That routes you to Loyalty. When they pick up, tell them you are calling to cancel and it’s due to the increased rates. They will immediately renew your preferred customer promo. The deal isn’t as good anymore, but it’s still decent. I didn’t even need to reiterate I was calling to cancel, they asked me if I was looking to renew my discounted rates when they answered the phone. It was quick, easy, painless.

Good info. Thanks

Reactions: jannah and dishdude
Seems like Dish would prefer to have a loyal customer paying a reduced rate,as opposed to losing another customer.I typically do this song and dance every 2 years.I also do the same with Spectrum internet.

Only for complainers who are versed in working their system.
Yep so I called and "escaped" past the regular CSR to the boss battle CSR (lol) and Dish offered me a $35/month credit for a year. With 4 TVs and Top200 plus Dish Movie pack, it's like $ 130/month. I'll take it. Plus they gave me free Showtime for a few months. In this economy, I appreciate the effort from Dish to keep me.
So, you appreciate that you have to jump hoops with them to get your overpriced TV a little less overpriced.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Seems like Dish would prefer to have a loyal customer paying a reduced rate,as opposed to losing another customer.I typically do this song and dance every 2 years.I also do the same with Spectrum internet.

They know there aren't many lined up to replace any they lose. Back in the heyday when Dish was expanding like crazy, there were no retention offers.

Reactions: Teehar

Wally signal protector

Hopper Duo compatible with SW64 system?