Love directv, just got a HD DVR for Free, plus 50.00 service fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The power inserter is for the LNB so only one power inserter is needed. Also for SWM LNBs only one coax is needed from LNB to splitter and single coax run to each receiver.

1 line to each receiver
the power inserter only works on the special output on the splitter. It says power pass

You only need one power inserter

I am confused now. The CSR said I needed two lines into the Receiver. And thats why I couldn't do a self install.

Now, I am tech savy somewhat, but how would I know If I could of done it myself? Not that really matters since they come tomorrow between 8 am and noon est. Just wondering for future reference.

No big deal, let them set it up. If you're doing mrv, I'd recommend letting the tech set it up. Just my preference.

Thanks, I figure i can do it, but would rather them do it, and not have me screw up, lol. Better to be safe than sorry. hahaha.

Can't wait, 2 HD DVR receivers on its way tomorrow, and Im excited, Are there anything i should know about?

thanks jw, I can't wait, Ive had DVRs but never what I have heard about the HD DVR from DirecTV.

Ive had TWC and their DVRs, they are a piece of crap. Shotty, Slow and breaks too easy.

One more question, I don't know the model im getting, I don't expect the hr 24 but what are the HDD capacity on the models that are available?

I don't know about the other models but the hr24 has a 500 gig. In my area, the hr24 is the only model the techs bring.

I had Dishnetwork for years and I liked the ViP 722. The hr24 is the only model I've used with directv. In comparison, I think the 722 is smoother but everything else goes to the hr24.

Good luck!

thanks again jw. Can't wait for july 1st too, Idk how directv cinema works, but I wanna order Transformers 3 DOTM, instead of going to the theaters and spending more in tickets for 3 of us, and food/drinks.

They installed the 1st box today, an HR20-700, i know it isn't the 24 but I like it. So far Im loving having a HD DVR.

The 2nd is coming tomorrow, they had a mixup, and the date got cancelled, but not the order, so all is good.

if anyone knows, can I connect an external hard drive to the hr 20 via USB, i know esata is on there, but don't have a cable yet, gonna get one.

Just curious if its possible.

Second guy came today, and Im pleased, I have a HR24-100 now. I love this receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New to HR-24 With Setup Question

Cause for cable on lnb to unscrew itself and fall off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)