lost channel 814

gelaib

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
TX
Hello! I am having trouble with one channel of my dish network: 814 (Globo International). It keeps saying error 002, satellite signal was lost and acquisition is in progress. But nothing happens.. ALL other channels work fine, except that one.. Any suggestion??
Thanks!!

Not seeing any problems on Globo 814 @ 118, besides the usual over compression by dish and the high white balance issues that plague 814, compared to 596 @ 61.5 which is even more compressed and on a slight time delay, but the video white level balance on 596 is adjusted much nicer and better to look at, so you get your choice pleasant levels with terrible over compression @ 61.5, or washed out levels with slightly less terrible over compression and fuzzyer resolution @ 118, your choice macro blocking and mosquito noise included in both!

There is always Globo via directv channel 2134, of course there you get dark levels and terrible overcompression, possibly worse than dish last I viewed it in febuary. Guess we are never getting Globo or PFC in 1080i HD from either of these providers. Just $20 for a single sd channel.

Last edited:
gelaib,

That is probably the only channel you get off the 118 satellite right?
So please check your signal strength on 118 tp 30 and report back. I heard they had to move the satellite at 118,7 (anik f3) to avoid the rogue zombie sat that was moving near by because te C band payload side was getting interfernce, if your dish was even slighly off when they moved 118 it would have been affected since 118 is not a real high powered dbs sat like 110 or 119, dish is just using it as one which is the reason for the larger dish 500+

I just checked my signals I have always had 62-64 on tp 30 right now I have 52 in partly cloudy skys, so something strange is indeed going on with 118.
progress.gif

Last edited:

Anyone a retailer in Cedar Rapids, IA?

How much to add an HD receiver to a Two TV setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)