Losing Signal and Poor Audio

Brilo

Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi,

In April I began to use Dish Network. In May when we had light and heavy rain I would lose the signal quite often. I can understand when it rains hard but there were a few times when it went out when it was raining lightly. I noticed at the time and I still encounter this, every time I would reboot the audio would be a lot louder than when the signal was lost. But this would not last very long. I had a technician come out in May but the issue was never resolved. I know they put in some new wires and adjusted the satellite. He also mentioned the problem could be from the ground wires? For about a month, I did not have any issues, but after a huge rainstorm in June the same issues came back and I am still dealing with them today. With snow right around the corner I am worried I will be dealing with more signal losses.
Any ideas what is going on and what I can do? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

what recs and dish are you using?
what kind of signal strength are you getting on a clear day?
Agree with questions a dish 500/1000.2 and 1000.4 all get slightly different answers. A signal strength of 40 where you should be getting 60's indicates a need to realign the dish.

The volume issue is likely related to a volume leveling scheme that doesn't seem to be working very consistently of late.

What Dish?

Multiple channels missing tonight? (Now Back)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts