Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

Once the word gets out that Boost prepaid for $25, unlimited text and talk with, I think, #)BD of data working off AT&T, T-Mobile Towers and Dish 5G towers gets out, it should grow., they need to start marketing it along with a year of free service if you buy a new phone - and they have a full selection of phones now
It looks like AT&T is already offering $25 a month (if you pay for the year in advance). $25 a month is still better than that. But they need to market it... like well. I've never been a fan of Dish's marketing.

It looks like AT&T is already offering $25 a month (if you pay for the year in advance). $25 a month is still better than that. But they need to market it... like well. I've never been a fan of Dish's marketing.
Dish has built-in marketing. Every tech is offering Boost sign-ups nationwide and selling the hell out of them in many cases.

We can't use Dish at our house because of dense tree cover that blocks the Eastern Arc. I've been with DirecTV for 14 years.

Guess eventually I'll have to move to internet delivery. We do have decent quality DOCSIS 3.1 service now and our ISP is rolling out a 25GPON fiber to the home project that should hit my neighborhood in the next few years. We'll have the bandwidth and reliability for it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish has built-in marketing. Every tech is offering Boost sign-ups nationwide and selling the hell out of them in many cases.
You have posted that before, yet, in every quarterly report since Dish/Echostar has been in charge, has been losses, not one report shows a gain.

I wonder if they will have the same look and feel across all devices? Also with Echostar making new devices could they do a new hybrid server that works on both? Also, as I said before it would output to 4k over HDMI and have Google TV built in? That way you wouldn't need two separate boxes for satellite. Also make a new streaming box for both DTV and Dish.

You have posted that before, yet, in every quarterly report since Dish/Echostar has been in charge, has been losses, not one report shows a gain.
This push just started this month, while the option to sell new subs was there previously, the real emphasis started in September and like anything new, it takes time to become a consistent habit

This deal is still a year from closing.

When it does, i don't think the customer will see much change.

Regarding receivers, satellite dishes, etc. , the cost of a service call is so high, they will do nothing that costs $$$$.

I wonder if they will have the same look and feel across all devices? Also with Echostar making new devices could they do a new hybrid server that works on both? Also, as I said before it would output to 4k over HDMI and have Google TV built in? That way you wouldn't need two separate boxes for satellite. Also make a new streaming box for both DTV and Dish.
but getting people to take an 2 year lockin with no price lock to use that new box?

A mixture.
Good: keeps DISH "alive".
Bad: Only one choice for satellite TV now. Streaming is nipping at their heels and likely to become even MORE competition by the time this closes (late 2025), so there's only a "monopoly" for those that don't have options other than satellite TV.
So will Dish eventually "Ditch the Dish" and go the streaming route like DirecTV did a few years ago?

my thoughts are simple, Satellite TV just became a monopoly in the US and it's still not gonna stop the streaming takeover.

most likely someone will just launch a satellite internet service with no bandwidth cap and make it easier for rural Americans to stream and have it be not to expensive, that is gonna be the future of Satellite TV right there, pretty much what I'm saying is, streaming via satellite will be how future generations get satellite TV.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

So will Dish eventually "Ditch the Dish" and go the streaming route like DirecTV did a few years ago?
I don't think so, the TV business. satellite and Sling are moving over to the new company Dish will be out of the TV program provider business entirely. They will continue to make receivers however.

The channels are not different. Definitely not 2 different companies.

Try transferring a Sirius radio account to a XM radio account and get back to me..

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?