Lock Dish Receiver

Well, if none of those suggestions work, forgive me for being a Dr. Phil, but considering his age, that he is going to school and has a job, you might consider just letting him sleep in the living. This would also end the conflict between you two. Is this a case of his missing work or school for watching TV late into the night or is this a case of you simply wanting him to got to bed in his bedroom (doesn't leave living room in a mess)? if it is the latter, take my advice and let him sleep where he wants,
-but-
tell him that if he loses his job or fails his classes, he is OUT of the house as you believe that is because he is not getting sound sleep in his bedroom, so he should choose where to sleep wisely. Mostly likely, when he finishes his schooling, he is likely to leave the house on his own and the problem will solve itself.
--or--
take the reverse action--often a solution when dealing with little children--and instead of taking away a reason to sleep in the living room, give him a reason to sleep in his bedroom: help him set up a TV (presumably with Dish) in his bedroom, then you get your living room back AND end the conflict. Most likely, he'll fall asleep sooner watching TV in his bed. It may not be what you really want to do, but he is too old to tell him what to do, hence, the arguments, but not too old to be manipulated by the older, wiser, dad, and, in the end, you get what you want. You end up being the winner. It will be worth the expense to make your life a whole lot easier.

Think of it a different way: My tv set has a lock on it. When activated, NOBODY can use the tv set until the code is punched in.

Perhaps your tv set also has that ability, and you can simply lock the set from being used. That will probably work better in your case, instead of locking the receiver.

Last edited:
Well, if none of those suggestions work, forgive me for being a Dr. Phil, but considering his age, that he is going to school and has a job, you might consider just letting him sleep in the living.
I went through the same darn thing. My solution at the time was to get him hooked up in his bedroom. At least there was some resemblance of peace in the home.

How do you rate superbuddy

HD Platinum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)