Locals

rthornii

Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
WV
I live in WV but recieve Pittsburgh local channels, I want to get Clarksburg WV locals...so I "moved" but I am still recieving the Pittsburgh locals.....any ideas or help?

Thanks

well the obvious question....is the address actually in the Clarksburg DMA?
west_virginia.gif

Clarksburg locals are on 129W...Does your dish face SW or SE? If SE then you have the wrong dish setup
Also FYI Clarksburg locals are SD only

Yes the address is correct....not sure on dish location though I'll have to check that out, thanks for info

2 ways to check
-go outside and look. The Western Arc dish (which you need) will be facing SW to W. Eastern Arc (which is used in some areas in Eastern time zone) faces SE
-on the receiver hit the "system info" button. It should show what satellites you are receiving. If it says 110,119,129 then you're all set. If it says 61.5, 72, 77 then it wont work

Ok I know I'm recieving 129, so that should be good...the address I used is in Marion County...so according to your map that should be good

I just ran a zip in that county and yeah it shows Clarksburg locals

might have ot give dish a call to verify they changed it

Yeah, they might have inadvertently changed the billing address instead.

If I check it online through dishs website it shows the new service address and the same billing address

then you might have to call (or chat) Dish and tell them that you are not getting the right locals. They need to send a rehit

Also make sure the guide is set to ALL to show the new locals right away

Welcome Pak does it inlude HD locals.

Won't Sling soon be a thing of the past?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)