Local channels cause service loss

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nixonjer

Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I have an 18" oval 3 satellite dish with a Terk TV42 broadcast antenna. The satellite feeds enter a terk BMS-34 3x4 multiswitch, with the 18v feed split into the 18v satellite connection and the antenna connection using a Terk BSP-2 splitter. The multiswitch feeds 1 and 2 are connected to a Samsung DVR with feed 1 split to satellite/antenna with a Terk BSP-2 splitter, and feeds 3 and 4 are connected to two seperate RCA receivers both also using Terk BSP-2 splitters. I supposedly have local channels through Direct TV, but they usually don't work (blank screen, only WB works all the time, and it is from Florida. I live in Michigan). Thus, I have to keep all the broadcast antenna hardware. The problem I am having is that when the local channels do come through by satellite, viewing local channels on any receiver causes the other two receivers to lose all satellite signal. The affected receivers show satellite signal as normal during the signal test, but will not display any programming. The message at the bottom of the screen says "Searching for satellite signal". Any suggestions? DirecTV phone support is useless to me for this problem.

Thanks, Jer

Sorry, my mistake. Each of those splitters mentioned above is a diplexer, upon checking your reply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yet another reason for giving us CNNI or Sky News or BBC World

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)