Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Live FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
WorldSport-HD: Saturday, February 12, at 2 PM EST

_real_zaragoza_.gif
Zaragoza vs.
_barcelona_.gif
Barcelona

A new episode of La Liga Report pre-game show starts as always 30 minutes before the game (around 1:30 PM EST).
It features a superstar interview with Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o who leads the league with 16 goals!

Please join our traditional game-time discussion here in this thread!

Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Program Guide

Is anybody else seeing just hockey on their program guides for today? I don't see the game anywhere...

zap2it has the game in the schedule... but it's not in my PG... are you sure we are not going to watch hockey at 2PM? :)

soccer21205.jpg

Source

Real Zaragoza v Barcelona: Preview

All eyes will be on Barcelona to see if they can respond to their stuttering form of late when they face Zaragoza.

The Azulgrana saw their lead at the top of the Primera Liga cut to four points when Atletico Madrid became the first team this season to visit the Nou Camp and claim three points.

They are now feeling the full force of Real Madrid breathing down their necks with Wanderley Luxemburgo's side having won their last six games on the trot.

Barca have lost their early season prowess and the appetite for success appears to have been replaced by players beginning to show the strain.

Frank Rijkaard's side has been reliant on moments of inspiration from players like Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho but finally their luck ran out against Atletico last Sunday when they conceded a first-minute goal and were unable to get back into the match, while Ronaldinho missed a second-half penalty.

Outwardly the club are claiming that they are confident of not being caught, with sports director Txiki Begiristain following president Joan Laporta in stating it publicly.

"We are the best team in the competition and you can say that without argument. With the exception of the game against Villarreal, we have always dominated and been superior in almost all the matches. I have the same confidence as I did before, although I do recognise the good form of Madrid," he said.

"Madrid are playing well and I think that it is logical that after six wins consecutively that you are going to close the gap, but I will reflect on what happened before when they were four points behind and then it was extended to 11, I believe that the same situation will happen again.

"I hope that we now have a positive reaction from the players against Zaragoza."

Both midfielder Deco and Oleguer Presas are doubts for the match with a back and pelvis injury respectively.

Zaragoza have talked about little else other than the behaviour of referees this week after being on the receiving end of some highly questionable decisions recently.

Last weekend they were beaten 2-1 by Albacete as a result of two debatable penalties.

The club is now planning a protest in the game against Barca, where fans will all show red cards to the referee Carmona Mendez.

"We don't ask that they give or do not give us decisions but when they permanently don't we suffer. People say that at the end of the season everything will sort itself out but we will have to see," said Victor Munoz.

Zaragoza will be without Luis Garcia, David Villa and Oscar Gonzalez who are all suspended.

phewwww... I just checked again and Around the World: Sports is on but the PG still shows Hockey :)

Sorry for doubting you, Sean :)

Guys, I'm sorry I probably won't be around for the live game chat or even the game. Will have to catch it on Monday night futbol, I guess. I wonder how many people miss the game LIVE and watch it "as if it were LIVE" on MNF? I purposely avoid the game result and watch MNF as if it were LIVE. If anyone else does this, maybe an encore MNF live chat could be useful. If so, someone create a new thread for MNF live chat. If it's there, I'll pop in during MNF.

Dave Farrow

davekendra said:
I purposely avoid the game result and watch MNF as if it were LIVE. If anyone else does this, maybe an encore MNF live chat could be useful. If so, someone create a new thread for MNF live chat.
Sure, we can do that! And if you don't want to know the result of the live game, avoid this thread! As we are going to have every single goal
speeeeeeeeeelled ooooouuuuut!

La Liga Report is on! Interview with Eto'o!

The game is on!

Goooooaaaaaal!

What a stupid mistake!

The referee's signal bip is not working and since he does not have it on--he never looked for the offside-the bips have spoiled referees and never look now only waiting for the beep--at least he avoided what would have been a sending off by looking finally

Hi Sean! You just missed the most stupid goal of the season! :)

Film Fest HD (103): Love Serenade (OAR)

The Cure snippits on Rave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)